suicide mirtazapine carnt cope

Posted , 7 users are following.

im long term depression was stopped from hanging myself last year was admitted in to the becklin centre. now been without my tablets friends support for 3 weeks i just liked to know if tonight was the night my dogs would be found and saved who arew blu male and sky female

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

i feel rather stupid because it takes a strong person to go through with sucide but tonight realized sometimes family are best wothout the people putting stain on them.. as i type my tears wont stop and to be honest its my dogs so please note im in ls14. my dogs are friendly and have atleast 5 days of food and water left, im sorry 
    • Posted

Jessica, that's never the answer. It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I won't attempt to make light of this at all. Please pick up the phone and ask for help. You are a living and breathing human being, deserving of the good in this world. Don't let your thoughts take you over. PLEASE reach out.
    • Posted

No, Jessica

It takes a strong person not to take one's life. Of course, there is no tomorrow. It does get better - I promise you.

You should ring the Samaritans - they won't judge you and you can just chat to them - they don't tell you what to do.

Are you still under the care of a psychiatrist or care coordinator? Can you contact that person or your GP?

This is the mirtazapine group - are you or were you on mirtazapine?

Do you have a friend that you can talk to?

Please post tomorrow to say how you are feeling. There are people here willing to listen to you.

• Posted

I should have said that "There is a tomorrow. It does get better."

And whatever temporary strain that we put on our families is nothing to the permanent strain that they would be under, if you didn't call them or someone else in your hour of need.

If you feel that you are putting a strain on your family then it is clear that you care for your family - presumably they also care about you.

If they care about you then they would want you to call on them or someone else to ensure your safety.

If you really feel unsafe, then you could go to your local A&E. There is always a duty psychiatrist on call there.

• Posted

Jessica, please call someone. You need your meds and your dogs need you! Make that call. Check back in and let us know you are ok!❤️
  • Posted

Jessica

Stay positive. Easier said than done. Everyone on this site has problems, including suicide. I’m a loner, not by choice. I had my first epileptic seizure at the age of 8. I have felt like an experiment with countless mind alternating drugs. One anti- seizure med(s) to another. I estimated that I have taken at least 96,000 pills since then. I can feel sorry for myself, but I have to deal with it. At an age of 10 (now 63) I was at a low point and stuck a loaded gun in my mouth with the intent of commenting suicide. I’ve never told anyone that.

Even now on mirtazapine, I have a daily thought of ending my life. But I know committing suicide is not a solution. I have, not easy said or felt, built up the will power to say no in my mind.

Mirtazapine, like any other drug, isn’t a magical cure. There is no one drug that effects everyone equal. Your Dr. needs to know and understand what you’re going through. Different meds have different effects for better or worse.

I live in the US. and I think have more choices and faster results in my medical care than in the UK from what I’ve read on this web site.

One of my most potent anti-depressants for me is not a drug, but just going for a walk outside of the solitary confinement I live in. I can’t drive or work due to my problems with epilepsy. Going for a walk seems to help relieve and escape my mood that I have to deal with. I listen to up lifting music on an i-pod that I have down loaded. Do the same!

JESSICA, GET HELP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. MEDS, THERAPY, OR A COMBO! I don’t mean to yell, but I’m concerned for you.

TAKE CARE!

LOVE, STEVE

• Posted

Hi jessica,

Im feeling the exact same way. I ve even written my good byes - however somehow I am staying alive day by day - I have no idea why - maybe because I ve felt low before and somehow pulled through, maybe because just maybe something cool might happen - maybe all the stuff Im worrying about wont be so bad - I know for a fact if it was easy to do, I would have done it - but its so hard! I dont want to mess up the pills, which can cause an agonising death and I dont want to end up on a phscy ward (sorry I cant spell) 

All I can tell you, is that your not the only one...I dont know if that helps. This world is too much sometimes. Maybe just forget about it as much as you can - go off into fanasty/imagination - watch some good films - buy some magazines really spend some quality time with your dogs a little longer - mine died last year I'd do anything to give him a hug! 

• Posted

I know the feeling of being desperate and at the end of my tether.  You've got to think of your family and friends.  Have you asked your doctor about beta blockers?  I take 2 x 40 mg each day for palpitations and panic attacks as whenever I waken up, it's like a light bulb goes on and it all starts up.  At least the Mirtazapine gives me a night's sleep.  The NHS relaxation tape I was given I found to be useless.  I only begin to feel like a normal person about 10 pm and then it starts all over again the next day.  Everything's an effort, even washing my hair..  I feel like I'm wading through treacle.  So, you're not alone.  Let's hope 2015 will be a better year for all of us.best wishes

Pat

• Posted

Does anyone know if Jessica is still here? Just come across this thread and really worried about her and her dogs if she has carried out her suicide sad
    • Posted

Nope, not a word since her last post. And no way of finding out.
    • Posted

There is nothing blunt here. She is expressing concern, and it sucks we don't know.
    • Posted

What do you mean that it "sucks" we don't know. I was querying the wording.

Personally I would have simply asked Jessica after herself. If she is no longer here it is sad but worrying about her dogs (though not unimportant) should be the last of her concerns.

I take it that you are not English but you seem to be saying that we have a right to know.

• Posted

Not that we have a "right" to know, but Jessica started the thread and we tried to reach out to her. She never replied. She was the one worried about her dogs, and, if you are a pet owner, you would understand. It seems to imply that her dogs were her family. Very sad, indeed.It was Jessica who was worried, not evergreen. She was merely repeating what Jessica said. Reread evergreen's post and you will see what I mean...wink
    • Posted

I don't see what is wrong with being clear/blunt. I came across this thread and was very concerned. I checked whether Jessica had made any more recent posts and saw that she hadn't. I therefore felt it was pointless addressing her directly as she hadn't returned to this site. I was hoping that someone might have heard something to put our concerns at rest.
    • Posted

And as an animal lover, I am also naturally concerned about her dogs. This was Jessica's biggest worry and we should respect that, not say they don't matter, as they clearly do to her.
    • Posted

I know that you tried to reach out but I believe exactly what I said. Jessica might have spoken about suicide. I know lots about suicide - I don't really want to dwell on it too much but I would simply have asked how she was. "Suicide" is psychiatric talk. I would probably talk about "killing myself".

I would have first asked if Jessica was OK. Then I would be worried about her. This is a site for patients - not for patients and their dogs.

I also like dogs and I appreciate that Jessica's enquiry was well-intentioned. I volunteer with the elderly and with people with dementia. I receive training for dealing with both. The fact that I am well intentioned towards both doesn't mean I can't learn to deal with them better.

• Posted

I have expressed much of what I have to say in my response to Kathy.

I would first have asked whether Jessica was all right.

If Jessica had then responded you wouldn't have then said we wondered whether you had carried out your threat to commit suicide.

Having had "suicidal ideations" for many years (fortunately not now) I would actually speak of "wanting to take my life".

So please don't speak to me about what language to use in this sphere.

Incidentally I attended a daycentre until recently. Quite a while ago I talked to a volunteer at the centre about some anecdote about hospital and suicide (I can't remember precisely) and the volunteer couldn't take the fact of me talking about it - she was a very nice person but I did think that if she couldn't bear me talking about it and using the word then she wasn't really suited for volunteering there.

And if a psychiatrist or nurse had seen me after a few days in hospital and said to me "Oh, I see you haven't committed suicide yet" it would hardly be appropriate, even if they had been thinking it.

There are people reading this site who might be having these thoughts and the words we use might influence them.

We are not at a social workers' meeting. I can't even imagine socialworkers using those precise words. But if you think that I haven't used the s-word think agaiin!

• Posted

It was Jessica who used the word suicide. It is in the title of the thread. I'm afraid I really don't understand where you are coming from here, other than trying to police the forum. Perssonally I respect the original poster of threads and will use the words that they do, rather than trying to patronise them, if that's okay with you?
    • Posted

Sorry - my keyboard is very sensitive - I meant 'personally'
    • Posted

Don't worry evergreen...Nick speaks rudely in many of his posts, so don't take it personally ...I've noticed quite a few times where he was just trying to be contrary.

❤️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.