Sulfasalazine for AS

Posted , 4 users are following.

If anyone has been on sulfasalazine it would be great to hear your experience with it !

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have been on sulfasalazine since 4 months ago, at the beggining after 2 weeks when I incresead the doze I had a side effect because of it and I ended up at emergency room but now I am used to it. I take 4 per day. Anyway I still have pains ( diagnosed with AS axial form) and I think after 6 months I will stop it. My doctor said it will not help much with AS but was recommended to me most of because of my bowel problems.
    • Posted

Thank you ipaula for sharing with me your experience . but from what i've read is that This drug provides some relief of arthritis symptoms but is not as helpful if your AS only affects your spine.

• Posted

I used it for 3-4 weeks a couple of years ago. The pain in my spine increased so much that I was crying evety night after taking it. I stopped taking it with dr's permission. The pain subsided to "normal" within a couple of days. Good luck. Hope that it will help you!

• Posted

About 28 years ago I tried it. It worked nicely for a few months and gradually stopped helping at all. My results are probably going to be different than yours. I wish you well! May you always bendable back...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.