Sun was fantastic

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys I had my week in the sun that was nearly pain free just suffered with headaches for the first few days. Went back to work to be greated with a big pile of filing and within the first hour my shoulder was burning my hands were aching and the pain was going down my leg into my ankle I was gutted and felt like I had never had a holiday. Dr has put me on pregabalin been on them for 5 days not done anything yet but I suppose it's early days yet. My eye is really painful on a night and sometimes blurred for the first hour when I get up does anyone else have blurred vision? God I'm fed up of the pain but at the moment I'm not suffering with the depression and really feel sorry for all of you out there that do but the one thing that keeps me smiling is this forum  because unless you have fibro you just can't imagine what it's like ! Well I have finished moaning now n my fingers are hurting from typing so I will say goodnight to all you fellow sufferers out there x

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kitten

Any place away from the norm is fantastic.  The sun makes us all happy. Just keep the happy thoughts of your week in the sun. Take a day at a time. 

Gentle hugs wink x

• Posted

Hi Bee thank you for your hug and i think i need to emergrate to the sun i have been in so much pain since i came back and cant believe what difference heat makes. I cant even begin to imagine how to cope in winter i think i need to invest in a pig lamp ha ha x
  • Posted

Oh bless you Kitten, love the name! I used to be a nurse and had to give up due to fibro, then worked as a ward clerk for a year before having to give up work altogether. Your post struck such a chord with me when you mentioned doing a pile of filing, and ALL the pain it gave you. I remember having to go to medical records and pull loads of sets of notes to file lab reports that had come back after the notes had left the ward. I was in so much pain the ward sister said that I shouldn't do it again, and someone else was given the job. The pain was horrendous. Is there anyone you can talk to at work, in Occ Health perhaps, as by law 'reasonable adaptations' MUST be made in the workplace, which should cover this. I am on Pregabalin and it seems to suit me, although of course we are all different. Take care. xx
    • Posted

thank you jeanne, i have to say work have been great i just told them i couldnt do the filing and my boss said dont do it then. Thank god i only work part time i know for a fact i couldnt do full time anymore yesterday afternoon i dropped of 7 times not very good if my boss walked by ha ha. i work at a car dealership on switchboard and reception and love it when its busy but when its quiet i find it so hard to not drop off i usually get up and have a walk round. My feet and calfs are swollen today not sure if its another sympton or not. I know we have to stay positive and keep smiling but its so hard at times and to me the worse thing is waking up to a new day and not knowing what is going to burn or ache because lets face it no 2 days are the same but hope my meds start to work i would think if there is no improvement at all after 14 days they are not going to work what do you think jeanne? xx
    • Posted

A lot of meds can take months to take affect especially things like Amitryptiline, Pregabalin and Gabapentin, if in doubt ask your doctor. I told my doc I never know what's fibro or what isn't he said I should check anything I'm not sure about with him so don't be afraid to ask.
    • Posted

Hi kitten, oh bless you dropping off at work! I would give the Pregabalin a bit longer than two weeks. I assume you are taking 75mg? You need to increase gradually. I started taking Amitriptyline a few weeks ago too, and that has definitely helped as well. Have you tried that? This is my last check of emails before I go to bed, but I will check in the morning again. Night night Jeanne xx
  • Posted

Hi Kitten Glad you had a lovely time.  Pace yourself at work I always say "you may love your work but it won't ever love you back".  Pregabalin takes a good month to get into the system so my consultant informed me - never got that far as the side effects were too bad for me.  Blurred vision - Yep. I actually have the occasional pixelated vision in right eye but it usually corrects itself after a while. Fightened the life out of me the first time it happened. Now I just feel I am watching those news items where they pixelate the faces of people who do not want to be identified!!!   Have a good restorative sleep.

• Posted

Hi maggers thanks for the reply i have a new syptom today my feet and calfs are swollen ( is that a fibro symptom ) god i dont know if im coming or going. I do know that there are people who are a lot worse then me but i find it so hard to keep smiling at times but i am sure once my meds kick in i will hopefully feel a lot better x
  • Posted

Hi kitten Ive just got back today from a weeks a holiday at the sea side, it took me 3 days to get over the journey I was in so m uch pain with me legs and back. plus I was missing my dog so much. but the flay we had was lovely we had a view of the sea so made the pain I was in that much more bearable. the sunset at night was stunning. It was great to get a way get some sea air into my lungs and try to relax and have quality time with my hubby take care gentle hugs
    • Posted

HI kaz sorry your journey was so painful but i do hope it was worth it for your break by the sea. I cannot beleive how much pain i am in since i came back but i know i am lucky because i only have to put up with the pain through the day as i sleep well on a night i think people suffer with depression with fibro due to being in constant pain its like a vicious circle take care x
    • Posted

Hi kitten the pain was worth the view we had of the sea and the lovely sunsets we saw. its good  you are able to sleep as well as you do. as sleep helps you to function better. I struggle to sleep I cant remember when I last had a goods night sleep. Ive suffered with drepression for a long time but the fibro has made it worse. all we can do is take things a day at a time. thank goodness for this forum ladies on here are a great a support and helpful advice. take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.