Sunbeds?

Posted , 1 user is following.

i was diagnosed 2 weeks ago and the rash has continued to spread and become more red, aggressive and itchy ever since! i cant sleep and have tried literally EVERYTHING in the pharmacy!

thanks to all the great pr advice on here, i have just been out and bought head and shoulders and had a short sunbed session!

how often are people using the sunbeds for results? i dont want to over do it!

also i have had an antihistamine called 'desloratadine' prescribed by gp today. its non drowsy for most and is strionger than piriton. seems to have helped with the itching after just a day!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i got PR about 3 weeks ago ... and its completely gone now ... all because of sunbeds smile

i went the first 3 days on a sunbed for 6mins , but then deciced to do 10 mins for the next few days after that ... after about 2/3 sessions of 10 mins the difference was amazing . i still go every few days now just to make sure it stays away. But it def works ! i noticed after being on the sunbeds that night the PR looked worse and was more itchy but by the next morning the improvement was unbelievable ..so stick at it smile !!

i didnt use anything else , no medicine or head and shoulders , just the sunbeds , then a little e45 when my skin was really dry .. and within a week it was practically gone .

• Posted

thanks for the advice.

i have decided after a couple of really painful showers that i think the head and shoulders is aggravating it so going to stick with sunbeds and a cream the pharmacist gave me which is for baby exma but really helps the dryness and itching!

did your rash go dry and flaky at any stage? did the patches just fade away? do you have any pigmentation from the rash from using the sunbeds?

sorry for all the questions im just so fed up with it! your way sounds much better than some of the other crazy things i have tried!

thanks so much!

• Posted

i know how it feels , i was completely miserable when i was covered in it and was ready to give anything ago. Just wanted to wear my normal clothes again! haha .

my rash went from red, itchy patches , to pink patches then the skin went very dry and flaky for like 3 days but i just put moisturiser on if i was going out , because i started to notice the patches would go red again if i kept moisturising ..so maybe you have to let them dry out ? who knows . but after that the patches went a purple/greyish colour , then they completely faded . This was in the space of just over a week.

It became my daily routine, after work i would go to the sunbeds and then get home , have a luke warm shower then go to bed and try my best not to itch! It became rather exciting seeing the progress in the morning!

some areas cleared up sooner than others , the inside of my arms and top of legs probably took the longest to clear up , but i was persistent and before i knew it the rash was gone .

I do have some pigmentation where the patches were .. not much but a bit on my arms and back , hardly noticible , but i have been using bio-oil on it since and its improving.

I really hope yours clears up as quick as mine did smile . aslong as your careful and you dont burn , then i really do think sunbeds are the perfect cure!!

• Posted

you're a star!

thankyou so much! i used to use sunbeds anyway so should be ok burning-wise!

glad yours cleared up and hopefully mine will too.....its so miserable isnt it!

:D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.