Sunbeds, head and shoulders and Erythromycin

Posted , 3 users are following.

Day nine of PR and I'm trying a combination of sunbeds, head and shoulders shampoo and Erythromycin (250mg x 4 per day). I don't think it's my imagination but it seems to be getting better...less red and drying out (down side is some itchyness - is this what happens when they start to go away?) :?:

Just hope it clears soon as I'm going on holiday in 3 weeks - anyone else got any other suggestions.

PS - I'm thinking of trying a reflexology session too!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Daxyl

3 weeks - eek! - if you're seeing an improvement at the moment that's a really good sign though; it disappears as fast as it appears.

For me, as soon as they started to lose the firey redness, I now know that was indeed the 'getting better' stage, although nowhere near the end (not saying it will be the same for you!).

Is your herald patch still around? Another indicator when mine started to clear up was that the herald patch started fading, even though I had new marks appearing, and the herald patch had held strong for months! My worst effected areas started to fade along with my herald patch.

Let us know if you try reflexology!

• Posted

Well - it's now steriod cream - 48 hrs in and the red is less red. Haven't tried the reflexology BUT am going to the docs on Thursday - I've read oral steriods clear the nightmare away in 5 days. Will post an update in a few days.

Anyone else tried oral streriods - PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE say they work - I just want to have normal skin for what is supposed to be an amazing holiday in Jamaica.

• Posted

Well I went to the doctors for oral steriods, 2 doctor and 2 nurse examinations later and I don't have PR but they don't know what it is.

Day 3 of steriods and the spots/rash have almost gone. A skin sample is off to the lab to be tested.

Learning points...

Get a second opinion

Insist on treatment (I was getting so down about the whole thing I couldn't have carried on like that for weeks and weeks - and its my hols in 2 weeks)

All the best to everyone still suffering.

smile

• Posted

that's great news...hope you have a good hol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.