Sunburn warning

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi Everyone.  I'm almost 15 months post op TKR on my right knee. I graduated from physio with 123 degree bend.  Went to the Dominican in Jan and because of my own carelessness got both legs severely sun burned from foot to past my knee.  When I went for my year check up surgeon was upset to say the least my bend was 102.  Because I as unable to bend my legs for almost 3 weeks due to the burn all my muscles tightened up. I'm now back in physio.  Knee bends but muscles and tendons won't let it bend far enough.  Just a word of warning to everyone  now that the lovely warm weather is here. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

This never occurred to me. Thank you for the warning. So sorry that you are going through this.
  • Posted

Wow, you confirmed my concerns. I'm always still pushing my bend and it's good to know there is a valid reason for that. I'm so sorry that you are back to the PT. Hang in there and thank you for sharing.
  • Posted

Sorry to hear that you had a set back - it's a long journey isn't it ! I am 16 weeks post TKR and have just got back from a week in Aruba - lovely flat island with warm sea so ideal for extra PT I love the sun and very rarely burn but was so conscious of my scar that I used factor 50 each day on my legs Great hydrotherapy
  • Posted

Never even entered my mind 2 weeks post tkr. Thank you ver much for your advice. Good luck with your recovery xx
  • Posted

Hi Helen, sorry to hear about your set back, I hope with a bit of attention and love your knee recovers. Thanks for sharing your experience, I have factor 50 waiting for my knee and Egypt later this year!  Plus I'm now taking a small cloth to cover my scar with.   Thank you 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.