Sunday night and Monday anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

Starting week 7 on 20mg citalopram anxiety back on Sunday nights and Monday in work when will these tablets take this away from me do I need stronger dose or will it just take while longer please help

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jane i'm on Cita 10mg week 4 i think you pass that stage i have good days and bad days my anxiety is there all the time and i never stop doing things i use to do only first 3 weeks were very hard.... i am sure you will be ok Dr told me they start works from week 4 and can take upto 8 weeks. 
    • Posted

Yeh I'm going into week 7 tomorrow have made dr appt for 3 weeks going to see how it goes it was Sunday and Monday anxiety the reason I started these tablets
  • Posted

Hi Jane, I had been on citalopram 20mg for 6 weeks with not much success and my Dr changed me to Mitrazapine 15mg taken at night and I cannot believe how much they have helped me sleep and calm my anxiety. I am always reluctant to change melds because of new side effects, but I'm so glad I trusted the dr on this one.
    • Posted

Hi Aileen, sorry to jump in on your thread Jane, I have been on Citolapram for about 3 months and though I am 80% better I am not there yet, just wondering if you feel normal on Mitrazapine or whether you feel spaced out - and did you have any side effects going from one to the other ... thank you x

• Posted

Hi Jane, I wouldn't say I have no anxiety, but it is much more manageable. Having a gd nights sleep does help greatly and each day I feel my anxiety is getting less and less, so for me Mirtrazapine has been the answer, but everyone reacts differently. 
    • Posted

Hi Dawn, I had been on Citalopram for 6 weeks with not a great improvement in my anxiety levels and the insomnia made it 10 times worse. My GP decided to wean me off Citalopram and start me on Mirtrazapine, I was reluctant to start a new drug and have new side effects to deal with, but I had to trust him and was really surprised how good these meds were, had really no side effects apart from feeling a bit groggy in the morning for the first couple of days. But the benefit of a full nights sleep was worth that. I have now been taking them for a week and feeling I am getting my life back. People talk about weight gain, can't comment on that at this stage, but over the past 6 weeks on Citalopram I had lost 10lbs due to feeling nauseous all the time so it's great to have my appetite back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.