SUPER ACNE

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm 28 years old and still suffering from dreaded acne for over 18 years now. Been trying everything to get rid of it but just keeps getting worse. Anyone experiencing the same fate?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes sure I'm 31 and still active severe acne more and more now my face just ruined because of acne scares and spots that really affecting my life

• Posted

Have you gone to a dermatologist?  You may have to go on accutane  which is very potent but it works!
  • Posted

Hi you need to get yourself to a dermatologist as they are the experts in skin diseases.  If you have already been keep going back until you find something which helps.  There is lots of treatments around nowadays and far more than for me.

I had severe acne up until my 20's and when it settled I was able to have dermabrasions on the NHS. They really helped and now I am just left with some scars and pits but nowhere as deep.   Now they don't do them and they offer laser treatment instead but you have to pay and it is expensive.  If it causing you psychological damage then you might be able to make a case to have it done under the NHS.  I presume you are in the UK - if not then I don't know what is available in other countries.  x

• Posted

I've been into isotretinoin, retinol, salicylic acid, exfoliating cream, benzoyl peroxide.... you name it, for 10 years. It has powerful effect to my face. But I notice, everytime I stop putting these all to my face everyday, my acne comes back which with worst ever appearance all over my face. I used to have only very very tiny pimples on my forehead. So I bravely stop all. And so my acne also stops.

• Posted

It's natural to have pimples and acne. But as you are saying , it's been 18 years, you should get a doctor's appointment. Even I also sometimes have acne, but it goes with time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.