super annoyed

Posted , 5 users are following.

last week i went to my doctor after being bitten by an insect, while i was there i thought i'd pre-book my next weigh in which is due around the 11th may.

due to my job i have to have an early morning appointment (8am or earlier) so i usually book it early to make sure i get one. the snotty recpetionist told me i couldnt have one that week with anyone, not a dr, not a nurse, they're changing their appointment system on the 9th and won't give out pre-bookable appointments for may until after the 9th, so i asked for one before the 9th and again was told there was nothing. the receptionist then told me i should call for an on the day appointment but then corrected herself saying if it was only for a weigh in and new perscription they wouldn't see me as its not seen as urgent not to mention that they wouldnt be able to give me an appointment time early enough if i rang on the day as the phoneline doesn't open until after the time i'd normally have my pre-bookable appointment.

so now i have no idea when i will get an appointment, i can't try to make one until after the 9th may sad i feel very frustrated with the situation, it feels like the practice is very disorganised and there must be lots of people in the same boat as me who go in routinely who now can't during that time.

sorry to rant! hope everyones having a nice easter smile

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Why do things always have to change??!! I bet there is hardly anyone who will benefit from it. I used to belong to a surgery where you just turned up. The first time I went I was really pleased as there were only 2 people infront of me. It was only when they opened the door it became apparent there were 2 doors and about 10 people had been at the other one, which got opened first.

As we all pay for the NHS shouldn't they ask the patients before making changes??

• Posted

That's not good is it. When my kids were little my Dr used to tell me make an appointment for a check up in the evening even though they were supposed to do them in the daytime as he understood that was when my husband was home from work and could watch the little ones for me and he said I could ring up and speak to him before surgery started about something else but I couldn't do either because of the snotty cows called receptionists! so I know how you feel.

I'm lucky the nurses I see allow me to come for my weigh ins after work (as I start work before surgery opens) during the walk in family planning sessions but it does confuse the receptions when I explain they are expecting me and to just put me on their screens lol

• Posted

Hi there with my surgery each Dr and nurse has their own email address maybe try that approach.

Good luck xx

• Posted

I have one I hate at my Doctors try phoning back at a different time and see if you get another receptionist she may be more helpful? :D
  • Posted

i'm going to try calling the triage line later in the week as its a separate unit to the receptionists but i'm not holding out much hope considering they're changing their system.

i have checked out their website and there doesnt appear to be any method of contacting specific doctors or nurses in order to arrange directly with them.

i have been off the tablets since saturday and i am staying off until thurs so that will leave me a few days of extra tablets and hopefully i can get seen before i run out

• Posted

call them up and make up a reason to attend urgently then speak to the doctor about the tabs and if possible get him/her to rebook your appt for when the tabs run out. It may be a good time to ask for more tabs on the prescription which means it will be cheaper for you and less visits to the Dr's.
  • Posted

My Dr's & Nurses said I can't double my prescriptions they say this saves them prescribing meds we don't need( I asked about a year ago) but I get double my thyroid medication on my prescription since; also they say that they will only give prescription for Orlistat when I attend once a month because I have medication for underactive thyroid I don't have to pay but it does seem a waste of time not doubling up as I only have a review once every 6 months.

Again different surgeries have different policies which does seem unfair especially when people have to pay.

• Posted

my last surgery said no to the 2month perscription when i was on these before and my dr now seems strict when it comes to these tablets, his view is no weight loss = tablets not working and no perscription, my last dr understood that there were plateau months.

i've decided now i have had time off the tablets i will try and get an appointment between 11th and 18th may and explain to the dr that they wouldnt let me book due to the change of system (can work off the choc i've scoffed!)

• Posted

Sounds like a good idea Sparkles it's easier to be good when you know you've got an appointment Good luck :D
  • Posted

Today I finally got through to the surgery to book an appointment, every time i have tried its been engaged or closed!

My weigh in is on the 15th June!!! Over a month overdue, its fair to say i am not happy!

• Posted

I'd use this instance to ask again for 2mths supply. good luck on the 15th x
  • Posted

Good luck for your weigh in on 15th June :D
  • Posted

Yes, good luck on the 15th Sparkles. It's ridiculous how long it's taken to get an appointment. I sometimes think the surgeries don't take weight loss seriously enough.
  • Posted

Thankyou for all the good lucks

Unfortunately when i got on the scales i weighed exactly the same as i did at my last weigh in 2 months ago. When i weighed myself in May i was 4lbs lighter based on my scales sad

He mentioned that i hadn't been in a while and when i told him that i couldnt get an appointment he was understanding and has agreed to another months perscription so hopefully this month there will be some lbs to lose! I have also today signed up for a months use of a power plate at my local hairdressers, it says you can loose a dress size in 3 weeks based on 5x10 min sessions a week so i'm gonna give it a go smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.