Super anxious about this! Can anyone help?

Posted , 3 users are following.

For about a week i've had these red bumps. I use an epilator and razor. Just wanted to make sure this is folliculitis and not anything STD related? it doesn't itch, burn or hurt.

imageimage

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

it looks like an older pimple or infected hair follicle. i have a few very similar on my bum cheeks and have been told i have folliculitis.

tight underwear, pants, jeans, sweat and shaving can do this too you as well!

recently had a full STI screen and nothing at all was detected and was calmed down by the fact if you thought it was herpes it would most likely ulcer.

hope this helps!

• Posted

if you are concerned though, your GP should be able to tell you what it is by looking at it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.