Super Cervical Hysterectomy 7-27-16 2nd thoughts

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello all, 

Okay I had 17 fibroids and polyps removed in August of 2015 healed pretty good have a bikini cut scar.  So the reason  I didnt have a partial hysterectomy then was because then I was 48 now I am 49 and know I will be going into menopause soon enough which in turn will stop feeding these things!  I have always had hard periods since I was 11.  In fact some of these fibroids were huge and my uterus was even tipped up because of them. I was using the restroom constantly before the surgery.  They were pushing on my bladder.  So fast forward to a few months ago I thought okay why is my stomach huge AGAIN.  I am in pretty decent shape and although muscular always had a flat stomach.  Well my flat stomach was quite short lived.  I started taking black cohosh thinking well it may help with my hormones started having bad mood swings thinking probably menopause NOT.  In fact called my gyno and she had me get another ultra sound low and behold 5 tumors are back and uterus is enlarged AGAIN!! So she said let me just take it out and I agreed. My doctors office just called now and honestly I feel much better.  Apparently you can have prolapse of your vaginal wall regardless of surgery or not just do to menopause.  So of course I will call in all my prayer warriors so this will not happen!  Please God.  Also, I found out  I was feeding these fibroids with the black cohosh so obviously I immediately stopped taking that a few months back.  The pharmicist said it was okay but I am sure she did not know my whole background its still synthetic hormones.  Lastly, I am bleeding like crazy right now and I just finished my period on the 27th of June????  Yes, you guessed it FIBROIDS are causing this.  I do praise God that all the fibroids and polyps were all benign last August and of course I am praying for the same outcome at then end of this month.  I am blessed to have one of the best femail gynos out there and a believer so I am 2 for 2 in that area.  God bless all of you who are going through similar situations its hard.  neutral Keep the faith. cheesygrin.  I will have my preop appointment on the 25th of July and if I have more questions will ask.  I am keeping my cervix and my ovaries, she said in women under 65 we dont take them and will let my body do its natural progression of menopause.  

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi jackie. Goodness me you have really been through it. I just want to wish you good luck with the hysterectomy will be the best thing for you I think x
    • Posted

Thank you so much if I even told you what I have really been through you probably would be in shock.  I am still here by Gods grace and mercy.  My husband died about a year and a 1/2 ago now.  I was his caregiver and he was mine years back when I had brain surgery. It all started in 2011 and I hope and pray that 2017 will be truly a new beginning.  Thank you for your kind words. I think it will be a good thing and honestly I get to go home the next day as long as I am not anemic.  I wasnt last August and I went home the next day.  smile

• Posted

Oh dear sorry to hear about you're husband hun. I had a vaginal hysterectomy 8 weeks ago I ended up staying in hospital 2 nights because I was quite weak and dizzy on standing and needing a nurse to walk me to the toilet but was ok following afternoon so just take your time and make sure you feel ok before you go home x 

• Posted

Hi jack,

I am endomentrial cancer survivor. TAH removing cervix, uterus and Fallopian tubes. Since I am only 38 years old, onco retained my ovaries. Standard op is to remove everything. That is the best option if you are diagnose with cancer. My suggestion is ask your gynae had a d&c done for biopsy report. Sometimes, the biopsy report would be able to tell you whether it is maglinant growth. Mine confirmed it as adenocarcinoma.

• Posted

Hey jackie, if the fibroids etc were due in any way to oestrogen, I would be asking for removal of everything, esp as your last op was only a few months back.  Had (benign) growths and polyps removed too, and bit of mess inside...so loads of adhesiolysis..7 hours in surgery despute having already done some biopsies and removing some adhesions just 4 weeks before.. May be undergoing more in few months time as still have issues unfortunately.  (I'm a believer too, which has also sustained me thru the tough times, of which there have been many..). Anyway best wishes to you on your op and recovery. 

• Posted

Crickey Jackie you have really been through the mill.  I wish you all the best with the hystetrectomy and hope this is the start of you gaining control again. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.