Super low energy after a Diverticulitis flare

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello all, I am recently diagnosed with this, same story as many of you, I the hospital for 3 days, put for about 9 days more finishing my meds but have zero energy. Just taking a shower makes me rest a bit. Is this normal after an attack? The meds are pretty hard core on my body too. 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

That has been my story also! For me the antibiotics make me hot flash, weak, dizzy and generally mess with my head!

It was a chore going to the post office!

It takes me 7d after I’ve completed the meds before I get an appetite.

• Posted

Thanks for the response. I miss my energy so much. Baby steps to recovery. 
  • Edited

Absolutely normal. E I was I was hospitalised for a week and felt exhausted for quite a few weeks afterwards and took me a couple of months to feel better. 
  • Edited

Hi, I had my first attack three weeks ago.  Finished my meds two weeks ago and have no energy at all.  It can take me an hour to shower and wash my hair, and I don't have the energy to do anything.  Hopefully, in time I will recover, but it is really hard because I have a full time job and am now in my third week of sickness. I just don't know what to do.

• Edited

WelI I have more energy in the morning  and as the day goes on I’m exhausted! I’ve been off meds 10d and starting to feel stronger but I’ve been sick since Dec.  So this has been a long recovery. 
  • Posted

It takes a while to recover your strength after taking these nasty drugs. 
  • Posted

I realise this is a long time after the original post, but for anyone searching, I thought I would add my view.

I have the same issue.

even though when well I exercise 6 days a week.

After being in hospital for a flare for a few days, and returning home with antibiotics to take. I am wiped out. In fact, as I write this, I have just been through such an event and have only been home for two days.

The stairs have become a mountain. I'm huffing and puffing at the slightest movement.

I did lose quite a lot of blood, so I'm considering taking a small amount of iron, maybe in a few weeks time. Got to be careful not to get constipation though.

One thing I would suggest is a tonic called Metatone. Its a great pick me up after any illness. its not full of iron either. It really does work well and has been around for donkeys years. Good Luck fellow sufferers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.