super scared

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi guys, let me start off by saying I’m 14, never smoke or drank, don’t have a great diet, used to play sports for years but haven’t worked out or played a sport in a few years, and am a little overweight. I have panic disorder, and depression. I was hospitalized in February after my first anxiety attack because I thought I was dying. My heart rate was high the whole four days I was there, but they said I was fine. I was hooked up to a heart monitor the whole time. I had two ekgs, blood work, and echo, and a chest X-ray while I was there, and then I visited my cardiologist the week after and had a ekg and echo and he said all was normal, but I should stop eating so bad. I didn’t take his advice, but now I’m too scared to eat anything. A couple months ago, I had a burning pain in the middle of my chest that lasted a few days, but eventually went away. It seemed to go away when I didn’t think about it but that’s how every pain is. Then after that, I started getting air hunger that lasted two weeks, wen away when I didn’t think about it, came back, went away and so on. It’s not as bad as it was at all, and goes away when I don’t think about it. I got put on Mirtazapine for the anxiety and depression, and the first day I took it I noticed it made my heart race but I didn’t say anything about it. I was on it for three months and I started Prozac today because remeron didn’t help my anxiety, only the depression. I’ve had a burning in my stomach all day. And a couple of days ago I noticed my legs were a little puffy. And then I had pain in them yesterday but it went away. I’m absolutely terrified to go to a doctor because I don’t want to be told my heart is failing or I’m dying or I need surgery😭 I don’t have any chest pains anymore, but I do have this weird feeling in my head/eyes that I can’t really describe. It kinda feels like I’m going to black out or I’m dizzy but I don’t feel dizzy. I was nauseous earlier but it went away. I also woke up in the middle of the night last night due to stomach cramps and I had really bad diarrhea. Please help me😭 I need reassurance, does this sound problematic?? I’ve had tests ran on my heart this year and all came back normal, and I visit the cardiologist every year. I go at the end of this month for my yearly check up but I’m so scared of what they’ll find 😭😭

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I don't think I can help about depression, but for anxiety it's all about overthinking. Something in your head is making you focus on details too much. Tell you a story. I'm 21, my dad died about a year ago now. My head after that was messed up, he died in the middle of the night. For months I'd go to urgent care over things I absolutely panicked about. Like you, I was always told I was fine. But! I did end up diagnosed with something gastrointestinal. It's hard to accept but a good portion of it might be in your head. Look into the 3 3 3 rule. Hopefully someone else comes along with more but I just needed to tell you that you're going to be okay, okay? It might be something else than your heart, but you are going to be fine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.