Posted , 7 users are following.
Hello from across the pond. I'm in the US.
I have been diagnosed w/ two complex cysts, fibrioids, and polyps.
Polyps tested negative.
Fibroids cause me to have very heavy periods.
The R cyst is approx 7 cm, the L is approx .4cm.
The R cyst causes stabbing pain at certain times during my monthly cycle.
All my paps have been normal. I was on the birth control pill for about 18 years (I have no children), until a blood clot in my brain 5 years ago. I had embolization surgery to correct that issue, but ever since then, I have become a compulsive worrier about all things health-related. (I guess brain surgery does that to you...)
Anyway, I originally saw my doctors because I thought I might be getting a UTI, as I was feeling an urge to pee more often than normal. This seemed to happen at the same time in my cycle each month. Nothing unusual w/ my urine was found. I went to my ob/gyn who said everything seemed normal, but if the feeling lingered I could get an US. I pushed to get an US sooner, and that's when they foud the cysts, fibroids, and polpys. I had another US--this time with saline infusion. They biopsied the polpys, which were negative. They also were able to better see the cysts, which appear to be complex in nature. They mentioned dermoid, but I have no confirmation on this. My ob-gyn did a CA125 test, and the result was 30.3--although I know this isn't the best test.
She recommended surgery to remove the R cyst, ovary, and tube. She also recommended a D & C to remove the polyps/fibroids. The L cyst removal is in question, as it is small. She told me her colleague would do the surgery, as he does more laproscopic surgeries.
I also decided to see a Gyn/Onc for a 2nd opinion. Unfortunately, my US images were faxed over instead of sent via imaging, so they weren't that clear. She performed a pelvic exam and said she could feel the larger cyst. She had concerns and said she really couldn't give me an opinion without seeing better imaging, so she ordered a pelvic MRI.
I had really been hoping that she would tell me it was a dermoid cyst, and when she mentionened the possibility of it being something called a borderline cyst/tumor, I just went into a panic state. If it's dermoid, they can just remove the cysts, along w/ my right ovary/tube. If it's borderline, I will need to have everything removed--complete hysterectomy.
My husband brought me to the ER (emergency) later that day because of my extreme panic attack. They did do an US, but did not give me results. The gyn/onc has not called me about the results. Maybe she is waiting for my MRI iamging? I will have my MRI later today.
I am so worried--I can't sleep, I can't eat, and I'm scared to death.
Please--is there anyone who has been through something similar?
I'm so sorry for rambling on.
0 likes, 6 replies