Superheroes

Posted , 11 users are following.

So instead of getting on here tonight and listing my symptoms, I have a better idea.

Has anyone caught on to the fact yet that we're all like real superheroes? 

I mean- the crap that we're all handling without being committed to the nut House tells me that every single one of us has special powers 😂

I have sons, 21 & 22 years old, and I can tell you right now there's not a chance they could do this.

Women=Superpowers.

Lol

(Oh and I'd give up my personal super power ANY day to feel "good" again all the time. JUST sayin....)

So anyone having a really symptomatic time when you read this, go look in the mirror and call yourself a superpower.

💕💕

4 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Thanks for the Superpower thing.  I am in perimenopause and am always tired.  Especially now.  I work at a department store helping to unload the trucks that come in.  I have to go in at 5:00 in the morning.  My family doesn't understand why I get so fussy.  Last night I threw at fit and my husband thought I had gone insane. I need to get to bed now.  I do have tomorrow off, thank goodness.  Each day I get up and tell myself I can get through this day.  I pray for strength each night to get me through and He does provide.  

?I hope you all find strength through faith.  Faith can make you a super human.

• Posted

Haha - Dear str8tfans - you are awesome! We should all do that, I agree. A positive mind = a positive spirit!
    • Posted

Isn't it funny how crazy it all is?

For example- just last night when I wrote this, I was feeling "okay", and reading responses today- I was feeling pretty darn good!

By the time noon rolled around- I'm suddenly feeling crappy again! 😩

Today is a headache coming on, "heavy head" more than "pain". 

Lower middle right side back pain sporadically, and some palpitations to top it all off.

Literally went from 11am thinking "wow! Today's gonna be decent, I can probably get a lot done!"....to an hour later FORCING down a quarter of a tuna fish sandwich to make sure I ate and feeling like I just need to lay down and pout. 

I'm probably gonna put my superhero cape on a break in the chair and climb into bed for awhile hoping a nap, if I can, will allow it to pass so I can finish the day.

Cheers ladies!

• Posted

Totally agree with you. Men would never cope as we all have witnessed them not being able to cope with a head cold. It's a great comfort reading all these messages. Thank you to all who share their stories.

• Posted

Thank you Str8tfans,

You have made me feel a whole heap better!

I was told by my partner of 5 yrs i moan to much.....the fact that i have an under active thyroid, tried and cold all the time, in the perimenopause and work a full time job, and 46 yrs and feeling like i am 70.....I think i am allowed to moan :-)

Your very right ladies men have man flu and say their dying....they could never tackle what we tackle day in day out!

I am too a super hero cheesygrin

Have a great day

• Posted

Str8 I was just thinking the same thing as I sit at my desk @ work feeling chest spasms, or vibrations very hard to explain , causing my anxiety to rise this has not killed me yet .  Just keep on pushing Kristine ( what I tell myself ) you got this . 
    • Posted

Kris. I get those funny spasm fluttering things. Hard to explain what it feels like but they go for ages and reappear. Are yours like a flutter feeling too. Any idea what they are from?
    • Posted

I get them too!

Sometimes in my stomach, sometimes my chest, sometimes my HEAD (<<the worst IMO) sometimes just all over. Almost like faint muscle spasms or something. Hate them.

• Posted

Women are stronger than men in many ways...including childbirth!
  • Posted

Oh my! You have made me feel so much better! I felt like crying all day yesterday! I had a horrible day at work yesterday! Stressed me out so bad, I came home and broke out in hives and this morning(get ready TMI) I had a BM and wiped and there was blood. I have an anal fissure, which my doctor is aware of and I haven't had a flare up in months. She did reassure me that as long as the blood was bright red it's fine and just treat it with what I normally treat it with(we have talked about it and she knows what I treat it with). I was bright red. Yet here I sit at work like everything is normal. One of the symptoms of menopause is whatever ailment to have when you're younger(and can deal with them and not think you're dying)is those ailments seem to be worse and since most women suffer from anxiety during this time in their lives you panic and stress with only makes things worst.

Men could not do this, the world would end!

I talked to God last night and this morning and did some deep breathing exercises last night and took a half of a Valium this morning. Feeling a little better. Taking my superhero status on day at a time.biggrin

• Posted

Yes it's terrible the things we think in our minds and how the anxiety makes us go straight to the worst thoughts.

We're all still here ladies!! 💕💕

• Posted

This is totally new ,  It more like a little vibration in my left breast. It is not a twitch it's juts this tiny little vibration. I had my P about 10 days ago. Im still getting a P but it is no longer regular.  

• Posted

That's so lovely 😊. Its a very upsetting and frustrating time of life but so pleased to have found this web page . Love to all we need to keep sharing .love To all you superheroes ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.