Superventicular tarchacardia

Posted , 3 users are following.

Good morning,

i have for about over a month been dealing with very fast heart rate. no medical help really. my pcp did bloodwork and said my tsh for my throid was low .24 so i was on too much synthroid medication. he lowered it from 150 mg to 137. not much and it really didnt change my symptoms. he also order a heart monitor for 7 days through cardiology. it was only through someone in administration that i got it as fast as i did before that cardio;ogy and my doctor said due to insurance reasons it could take up to 14 days. i was a wreck. thanks to administration i got it the next day. i just got a new pcp the pcp's around here are so bad i changed to the practice i used to go to 10 yrs ago which is 2 1/2 hours away. we also decided to move due to the lack of medical care for me. we tried to move as close to this new doctor as we could unfortuently where we will probobly end up is still about a hour away but i guess thats still better. i got the results yesterday. all i was told that it showed tarchacardia. but through my portal this morning i saw the report and it said superventicular tarchacardia. ok now i am officially freaked out. i do see my new doctor this afternoon. can this be related to my thyroid or is this strictly heart related? i suppose i will need to see a cardiologist. i dont understand. im only 54 and always been in generally good health. i also have anxiety/panic disorder real bad. my husband too has atrial fibrilation and a decreased heart muscle which he is on meds for. we have a 25 yr old son with autism who requires 24 hr supervision. we both need to be here for him. i do see this new pcp this afternoon which im grateful for. this will be the forst time meeting him. i dont know if i should wait for the appointment or send him a message now? i dont know which to do. im so anxious and scared. please, please some reply. i really need a friendly ear. thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Are you aware that SVT is not life threatening? Its just a abnormality in your electrics.

Cardiologist are for the plumbing and EP are for the electrics of your heart.

I have had SVT for 6-7 years. My episodes average 6-8 per month.

How did your appointment go?

• Posted

The anxiety is normal. I had my first PSVT episode at 17 after drinking about 12 cups of coffee. I had several more episodes throughout the years that doctors attributed to anxiety so no treatment. I had my last episode at 46 years old and it was a banger. Heat rate was 235 bpm when I arrived at the emergency room. That was my last episode as I had an ablation two weeks later. My heart rate has never been normal since because I have an underlying condition called autonomic dysfunction. I take Cardizem ER and Corlanor to control my heart rate and can do normal things now like exercise. Most people don't have an underlying condition in addition to PSVT and are fine after an ablation. Read all the threads as many of your questions are answered in other threads about PSVT. Also learn the triggers like lack of sleep, too much caffeine etc. & learn how to stop an episode. Anxiety in the beginning is normal. I'm 10 years post ablation & don't even think about it much except to be grateful.

• Posted

Btw I'm also have hypothyroidism. It's not related. PSVT is caused by a congenital abnormality in the heart's electrical pathways. You were born with it and it gets more troublesome in many people around middle age. It's not life threatening because even though the heart rate is fast, the beats are regular with PSVT as opposed to irregular with atrial fibrillation. My husband has Afib as well so I'm really familiar with both conditions. A cardiac ablation helps with PSVT. I've had one ablation and have had no further episodes since then.

• Posted

I misspoke. My heart rate during my last episode was 248 but I remained alert during the cardio-conversion with Adenosine. I only had to be converted because traditional methods of stimulating the vagus nerve to stop an episode didnt work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.