Supplement suggestions?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi All!  A little bit about what I am currently experiencing:

- I will be 47 this year

- I still have regular periods

- For the last 3 months I've been feeling some health anxiety.  I keep thinking something is wrong with me because my body is telling me that something is definitely wrong.  

- Occasionally I will feel nauseous and/or dizzy

- I have occasional heart palpitations

- I sometimes have night sweats.  I wake up and my chest is drenched in sweat.  Sometimes at night when the husband cops a feel his hand will be all wet. (Serves him right ;-)

- My cheeks (on my face, not butt) will get flushed like I ate some MSG.  

- I'm not a very good baker.

- I have no rhythm whatsoever and dance like Elaine from Seinfeld.

*  The last two aren't really peri-menopause symptoms but I'm adding them

What are some of the supplements that you've been recommended and how fast did it take to see results, if any?

Thanks!

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

First...you're hilarious! Secondly.

....you're peri menopausal....thirdly...you'll do fine with the shenanigans that peri plays with our minds n bodies because you approach it with a sense of humor!

We've all gone through everything you listed....you are not alone

• Posted

For anxiety B-Stress complex really helped me. I didn't have the hit flush flash can't help there. Sex is good for everything keep your arteries working. Good luck 💕

• Posted

Hello Tina! Love this post, pretty much sums it up right? I’m the same though a little younger at 41...the night sweats are something else! It’s -4 in London but I still had to get up a change in the night because I was drenched in sweat, and then freezing! Wtf?? I’ve tried loads of supplements nothing really worked for long, though I think omega oils and turmeric are good for inflamed joints and b12 is good for balancing hormones apparently - just take a really good vitamin supplemnt - there are ones especially for menopause that have black coshosh etc in so you could give them a go...I’ve opted to try bcp, though been on it 2 weeks and I’m still have as many symptoms so not sure if it will work, I think it’s all about trying things and seeing what works - sex can only help! Though it might not help the night sweats lol ! X
  • Posted

LOL... I literally laughed reading your last 2 symptoms!! Why stay only with the "normal" stuff eh? 

I have / had similar symptoms as you except for night sweats (touchwood)

Regarding supplements, I am using magnesium oil spray (better for stomach than magnesium tabs) and recently started using sunflower lecithin (1 tbsp mixed in a glass of water per day). Apart from that I have started a taking a multi-vitamin tab specially made for 50+ women and 10 drops of vit D oil concentrate. 

I have been told that all of these should be really helpful in managing the M devil. Keeping my fingers crossed in any case.

All the best, and do tell what works / worked for you!

• Posted

Hey there, from one Tina to another get the best that you can afford to regularly pay for because results may not be instant you need to persevere. Look for a good high strength peri/menopause formula as they are made up of what you need to help re-balance your hormones. Make sure you take a good B complex and check your vit D. If you get touchy boobs take a high strength evening primrose oil, and valerian is good for anxiety and helping you to sleep. I crush up 2 at night and put them in my favourite warm milk drink and it does help. Hope this info helps! XXX
  • Posted

Oh my gosh a you an absolute doll Tina!! I am sure that no matter how burnt the muffins come out, or how flat the cake is, your family loves and appreciates all you do. And dancing? No matter how "well" some people are at it, it's still on the list of things that don't reflect one's character. I hope you can get some hood suggestions for your query here. I am very recently on BHRT and learning how to let go of the fear of death lurking because that's all I have known for over two years now. Hugs to you along your journey. And thanks for bringing me a smile. You're a sweetheart!

• Posted

There's no "Reply All" on this forum?  I wanted to thank everyone that replied. 

All good suggestions/recommendations!lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.