Supplements

Posted , 10 users are following.

Did anybody watch Save Money Good Health 7.30pm last night ? They were discussing vitamins, supplements, probiotics etc. not directly aimed at menopause but in general. Was interested to see that people who were taking a multitude of vitamins were put on a 6 week trial of stopping them and then blood test results. Results after were surprising as there was no difference whatsoever in before and after ! Doctor summised to not bother wasting our money as we get everything we need from a good diet, the only vitamin they did recommend was vitamin D in the winter. All this time ive been spending a fortune and wondering why I never feel any better so im not bothering any more. Im wondering how other ladies feel about this ? All I know is I now have it on good authority not to waste another penny and check out my diet instead increase fruit and veg . Outrageous prices for pills that maybe we don't need, what do you all think ?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My belief is that that you don't just pop a general multivitamin and expect it to do any good as there is a little of everything and not a lot of anything in them. But I do believe that certain vitamins are beneficial, such as the B group and the Vit D. But I wouldn't take anything all the time - just do a three month course and then break.

However, I do feel that oil are essential - Omega 3, 6 and 9. Very few people get enough of these in their diets and our bodies do need them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.