Supplements

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone take supplements after gallbladder removal ?

I'm really struggling with awful nausea and bloating after

eating the smallest amount of food so if anyone suffered

the same and now feels better after taking supplements I would

be very grateful to hear what worked for you .

I've lost so much weight not being able to eat that I look anorexic !! I've seen my doctor so many times but they can't help me.

Don't know where else to turn now .

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Linda

I can't help much with supplements the only ones I have taken are multi vitamins and time release peppermint oil. And my problems with nausea and bloating were worse before removal.

But the nausea your doctor can give medication to help it for me it was a lifesaver. Bloating I've found is helped by the peppermint oil but also by eating little and often at one time I was eating 6 times a day avoiding food actually made both nausea and bloat worse. Increasing fibre, fruit and vegetable intake and reducing sugar also helped. Keeping a food diary is good for identifying if you feel better or worse with particular foods.

I do still get the odd bloat day but I consider it normal I think everyone with or without gallbladder issues has the odd bloat smile

It took a while after removal for my digestive system to get in the groove of doing its job a slightly different way. But I stuck with a totally normal diet and made small adjustments along the way.

Best wishes

• Posted

Linda I am so sorry to hear your finding things hard ! I've been very ill with high liver enzymes and been feeling nausea for 6 months now I've had a stone  of my bile duct and they have made my duct wider so the bile is dripping more quickly same as yours is doing now form your liver that's what makes you feel nauseas and also affects your bowels too !  I was Miss diagnosed ! NHS . I now take digestive enzymes ! 2 after every meal also probiotics when I started taking them i felt so much better .Also I've taken questran for malabsorption of bile which makes bowel movements better that's from the doctor though I researched myself that helped a lot but stopped taking it now my bowls are much better ! I have lost 1 and a half stone I am now a size 6 was a 10 I'm that's thin now I look ill when undressed it's horrid isn't it .All I can say to is watch your diet maybe make some shakes with protein powdere too . Ill be trying that soon .Nausea I have antisickness tablets from doctor that's the worst  thing ever I've experienced stops you eating and one must get some nutrition some how anyway hope this helps you it's been a long journey 👌💐??

• Posted

Two years ago for me it was taken out.  The runs went on for some time but i have recently found things starting to settle as i have seen dietitian and have gone on really restricted diet. I have found it all causing me to be depressed.  No dairy, no gluten, no fats of any sort. Fresh fish, chicken, veg, rice cereal etc.  Definitely has helped but cant eat out really.  I cannot help you with supplements as i am on warfarin and cannot take most of them. Not having diarrhoea is better.  Still get nausea using buccastem which helps. Wish i hadnt had the surgery but we cant go back the way.
  • Posted

Hi I just posted about this also with a list of supplements I have seen so far on sites. 

So hopefully I get some feedback

I do no the digestive enzymes are a must 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.