Supplements

Posted , 4 users are following.

can anyone recommend any supplements for osteoarthiritis please

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ruth, I take turmeric (either swallow capsule or open it and mix powder with my porridge), Montmorency cherry capsules (which like turmeric are supposed to reduce inflammation and help you sleep), and finally magnesium, good for bones etc and a muscle relaxant- magnesium is something we are supposed to frequently lack. I also take calcium with Vit D, prescribed by my GP. I can't say for sure that any of these make a difference but I know I did think my hip was feeling as if it needs replacing (I already have had the other one done 9 years ago) but apart from odd twinges it seems to have righted itself, same with one of my knees which plays up from time to time. As I say I cannot positively endorse any of these supplements but I feel better for trying to do something to help myself. I very rarely take painkillers. You could always ask Versus Arthritis for their opinion. Best wishes Linda

• Posted

Hi Ruth, I take turmeric (either swallow capsule or open it and mix powder with my porridge), Montmorency cherry capsules (which like turmeric are supposed to reduce inflammation and help you sleep), and finally magnesium, good for bones etc and a muscle relaxant- magnesium is something we are supposed to frequently lack. I also take calcium with Vit D, prescribed by my GP. I can't say for sure that any of these make a difference but I know I did think my hip was feeling as if it needs replacing (I already have had the other one done 9 years ago) but apart from odd twinges it seems to have righted itself, same with one of my knees which plays up from time to time. As I say I cannot positively endorse any of these supplements but I feel better for trying to do something to help myself. I very rarely take painkillers. You could always ask Versus Arthritis for their opinion. Best wishes Linda

• Posted

FortefiX Plus by Entity Health is great supplement. It contains Cursol, Boswellia, Reynoutria japonica and Boron for joint support

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.