Supplements

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just wanted to see what everyone is taking to keep going in life.... Or if there's a supplement they won't be without.

everyday-

spirulina-- think it helps with my dark under eye circles and also with some anxiety/moods as well as other things.

Multi-vitamin,

coq10,

fish oil,

womens wellness--- so far no hot flashes and need help with anger with periods

calcium with magnesium in same pill

At nite

iron for heavy periods

extra Vit D-3

sometimes extra magnesium for sleep, aches, BP

Just ordered a probiotic to see if that helps with anything--I hope I can tell a difference. I've read that it's important to take.

I have skipped days with some of these or alternate because it's a lot of pills and lately I just don't feel like taking them for whatever reason.. I think at the moment I feel good taking the spirulina, Vit D and iron knowing that it's helping with something.

I have a few others things in my cabinet but really not sure they are helping with anything so for now they are sitting.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I just started taking a DIM supplement that supports the body's estrogen balance. I feel it has helped me along with a probiotic and over the counter Estroven. I feel much calmer. Lemon Balm Leaf has helped with anxiety. Holy Basil has helped with stress. Magnesium and Vitamin D I don't go without either. Now if I could just get rid of this dizziness that would be awesome. Hoping someone posts a supplement for that other than iron.

• Posted

Take cordysceps for dizziness. I had severe dizziness & vertigo for 2 years but after taking cordyceps for a month or so my dizziness was completely gone. It's amazing. For once I feel so good.

• Posted

Thank you Irene . I'm looking into it now. I will literally try anything at this point! I will also, let you know if it works!! xo

• Posted

I picked up the cordysceps yesterday. I felt boosted energy within 20 minutes or so, of taking it and calmer this morning when I woke up. It is calming me down. I pray now as that continues the dizziness stops!!! My boyfriend took some this morning too. He called me and said he had sustained energy all day and will continue taking them. O boy....get your own - right! ha again, thanks so much for the recommendation. I think it's really going to help. ❤️

• Edited

its much better to get the nutrients you need from diet rather than supplements. Most supplements have very little scientific evidence of their effectiveness. they are useful if have a vitamin deficiency . Though there some evidence it could be good to take fish oil.

• Posted

I know it's better to get these from nutrients but I still take them 'just in case'. And yes, I have questioned if supplements are good or not-- so much research on this. But I do stay away from the 'hard pill' type ones and take the soft gel capsules that I can open and put the powder in my smoothies if needed. Blood test are ok and a nutritionist (or Dr) said if I'm not having any problems, then it should be ok.

• Posted

Hi Kelly I was thinking about posting this same question the other day actually. That is a lot you take does all of that agree with you? I dont know why but I feel worse whenever i try something. I took 2 of the calcium wth magnesium and got constipated for a few days it was awful. Have you been taking all of this for a while and did you feel worse before you felt any better, if its helped you feel better. What kind of multi do you take?

• Posted

Yeah the supplement question is tough. Some are into it and some are not.. It could be just a money maker. These soft caps are OK for me-- If I have a problem it's because I took too many at once or I didn't eat. But I'm looking to cut back cuz lately I just don't feel like taking anything. The multi is good BUT the spriulina has a lot of nutrients in it so I may just take that as my multi. Or I will just take every other day (multi). The coq10 I hear alot of good things about for energy but I'm not on any meds so I should be OK with dropping that one or every other day. A nutritionist told me I should be taking a good probiotic so that's why I got a little annoyed to add something else to the mix. My blood tests have always been good BUT this last year I had some trouble with my blood so I have stayed on top of the iron pill.. IDK but I will evaluate..

• Posted

Ladies:

I've noted some supplements in a past post on this subject of supplements that I'm taking but, look into Echinacea capsules. You can get them on line or Walmart. Supposed to be very good for menopausal symptoms and better if combined with Black Cohosh. Also treats flu -like symptoms and that is something I've felt x 1000 when this hit me. I've been taking this for the past few days and do feel much calmer and less achy. Just make sure you can take it with any other supplements you are taking if you try it. I've been through a lot of otc supplements with this and this stuff has provided me with the quickest change in mood for the positive. Although, not out of the woods yet. I think this may pull me through eventually. Everyone is different but, just wanted to through that out there. I feel for everyone suffering with theses symptoms. Hit me over night like a ton of bricks and I'm trying to push through it each day along with everyone else.

• Posted

can i ask how many mg of spirulina you take a day? Is it capsules or powder?

AABB

• Posted

Those are by the Hawaiian makers--- I bought the green little tablets-- I guess it's 1000mg-- I'll have to check. Had thought about getting the powder next time just to throw in smoothie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.