Supplements for increased energy?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Does anyone have suggestions about natural ways to increase energy while in peri? For the past year I have had crashing fatigue that has taken away my regular exercise routine and put me to sleep at 9pm. Without exercise, I've gained weight, have lousy posture and increased anxiety. But when I get suited up and drive to the gym, I am so tired I can't get out of the car. 

I started Ginko today at 120 mg and I am hoping that will help. Any other ideas? 

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I would suggest B vitamins and folic acid.  

• Posted

Hi Lynda!

I take a Vit B complex that has folic acid in it. Do you think it is OK to take more than 1 tablet per day? 1 tablet is 100% of all the B vitamin spectrum. I might try....

• Posted

Daddy, I have recommended to several ladies here a vegetarian multi-vitamin. I can't post the name here but if you're interested I can send you a pm with the name. When I was down it would pick me up within an hour and I was able to at least go to the gym exercise a little, do weights, then finish my day without going to bed. Let me know.

• Posted

oops dumb keyboard! Daddy I mean. And meant to say without going to bed early.
  • Posted

Let me know if the ginkgo works. In the same boat. Always tired, no enervy to exercise and gained so much weight.
  • Posted

Same here..  no energy.  Even after dinner I'm exhausted and I don't understand.  My bloodwork always turns out great!  I'm also making sure I eat plenty of fruits and veggies.   I did 'up' a few vitimins that I'm taking by taking a second does in the afternoon--  it's helping some. Now I'm starting to think maybe my life is too stressful or maybe I don't sleep get that really good sleep at night..  I have no idea

• Posted

gosh, I think you have described me... can't go on hurt as family history or breast cancer. Also terrible mood swings. Have put myself on a concoction of tablets that I rattle. But obviously missing something, or something needs tweaking. 

Multi vitamin, magnesium, iron liquid, evening primrose, and skin antioxidant (as skin has bad breakouts since in peri) 

any advice very welcome 😳😳😳😳😳😳

• Posted

I did get a very high potency B12 supplement on top of the regular B complex I am taking. It's 1:30 in the afternoon here and I went to the gym for 1/2 an hour and I am not ready to go back to bed. (Quite unusual.) I think Lynda20916 was right!  

I checked out the Ginseng at my local pharmacy and the package comes with a warning that it can't be solid in California because of some evidence of a relationship with reproductive cancer. It doesn't take much to freak me out! So I'm going to hold off on the Ginseng for now. 

• Posted

Glad to know it worked for you!  In the past, I took B6 and B12 separately, because they worked better for me.  Something happens, I think, when they're combined.  

• Posted

Once I had a Vitamin B12 deficiency that made me very lethargic. B12 is essentially for helping the body absorb nutrients from food. Might be worth getting tested for it. Other deficiencies like iron can have similar symptoms. I find Vitamin C gets my mind working clearer. Too clear at times that it races and I get restless. That's when I know I've taken too much. People say the body doesn't store Vit C and any excess gets disposed of by the body but I've test this theory on a few occasions. I also love magnesium which helped me a lot when I had a sore/strained neck as it's good for muscle function among other things. What do you mean by peri? Do you mean period cos I always get really tired and hungry during the week before mine. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.