Supplements that Might Help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Bearing in mind that we are each individual and what might suit one might not suit another why not discuss the different suppplements that we hve tried and which have either been a waste of time and money or have helped?  Someone suggested magnesium to me earlier. Let us start with that one.   One form is a laxative so I would have thought it would only help if you are constipated and the other form is for anxiety so that any musclesl that tense up relax more.  But has anyone used this and been glad they did ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carmel

No I haven't used magnesium so can't comment.  I have just started trying fresh ginger tea as this is supposed to settle stomach aches.  I am also considering licorice tea and taking slippery elm.

• Posted

Hi Claira. Think if you are taking the liqourice it is theone without the sugar in it  and slippery elm is very popular to soothe a stomache.
  • Posted

I have only been give Fybogel, they worked but it took a while. I was thinking about taking them again soon to see if it helps.

When i went in for the colonoscopy and i had to take the pack to clear out my stomach even with nothing in me i was still swollen so have no idea's why.

• Posted

Think it is important to note if we live in USA, Canada, Australia , UK or whatever as this changes things a lot.

I often find that people in USA will go out and buy herbs and supplements at least partly because it is cheaper than convenientional medicine, then they tell us people in the UK to get the same thing instead of medicine when we can get the medicine for free and it would save us spending our savings on medicines we do not need.

• Posted

Fybogel simply relieves constipation, you would not normally take that to help with acid reflux, gerd etc. They have little connection and you can make sure you are not constipated through the right diet or simply take very cheap fibre capsules. Psyllium husk is natural and works and much cheaper with no side effects. But it will cure or paper over the cracks of gerd or acid reflux etc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.