Supplier problem

Posted , 5 users are following.

hey!

ive been on venlafaxine for over 2 years after various other antidepressants haven't worked.

if I'm honest, I feel better than I have fine for years but I've been to collect my medication today to be told that there is a supplier problem!!

im going on holiday Sat and not gonna have enough tablets, my pharmacist has tried to consult both my psychiatrist and gp but to no avail!

i have no idea what will happen if I stop taking the, suddenly and scared that I'm going to be the suicidal mess I was.

anyone got any advice or ideas??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Ring the secretary of your psychiatrist. You should be able to find number online.

You don't want to risk withdrawal whilst your on holiday.

• Posted

I know everyone is different but I suffered severe withdrawal if i missed a dose. Can the pharmacy pass your prescription to another pharmacy to fulfil? Or can you get a replacement prescription and take it on holiday with you to obtain there ( if in UK?) Withdrawal is horrible.. I would get very emotional, shakes, headaches etc etc just by being late taking one tablets so really wouldn't recommend stopping abruptly.

• Posted

I had the same withdrawal issue Fiona, it was awful, still not right after being on the extended release for a week sad
  • Posted

Hi Sonia, I started a thread about this a week ago. I had the same issue and went 3 days without any, which was not good! I was given the extended release version after seeing my GP.  Your out of hours GP should be able to help you.  I was upset about it all, like you it had been the best for me, I’ve been like a new person on it. I hope this works just the same, only had it for a week. 

I hope you get sorted soon.

• Posted

Hi Sonia

you have my deepest sympathy i've suffered from supply problem for over 10 years  constant disputes over how many  tablet i have and dosage just constant hassle  bloody Boot chemist are appalling. someone with  years of same problems  going to them told me to use a local chemist, that was two years ago, not one problem since then. there always there on time and  they have even offered  and delivered them some time with out asking. all i can say is change your chemist . regards chris

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.