Support for ectopics

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I'm 28 years old and I have had ectopics for about 10 years , I wanted to start this discussion to try and help me because I suffer with extreme fear because of this and thought it would help to talk to others about it 😊

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, can u make more info about your condition , over 10 years have u get medical attention " heart doctors" , any investigation done , heart tracing , heart scan, and due u have any sort of anexity diagnosisd before...sorry asking many Qs

• Posted

Yes of course , thank you for responding

Symptoms...

Extra beats

Thump then a pause

Short bursts of rapid beats (5-6 in a row)

Short flutters

Testing....

ECG's nothing ever seen

Heart scan , I was told my heart is structurally normal

3 day holter monitor , only supra ventricular ectopics detected

I am on a waiting list for a loop recorder so they can test me over a long period of time just to catch what is going on , I do have a history of anxiety but as I say to the doctors I get the anxiety as a result of this happening,

It just feels so dangerous so how can I be told just just live with it ? My mind tells me it's going to progress into something that will kill me

• Posted

Sorry for that,do u have get any medicine to use if u feel extra beats or not, and I feel u will be ok as u have it over 10 years and record and scan not show any thing wrong... So try to find what when u have it r u under stress , lack of sleep , caffeine , alcohol , smoking - change your life style moderate exercise , healthy diet

And I hope to get your appointment of loop recorder soon and I hope it's will be normal

• Posted

I take propranolol 3 times a day but to be honest it doesn't seem to do much . I have tried to find a trigger but there doesn't seem to be one , it just happens. When I say I have had this for 10 years it has not been constant, I have had months before with nothing and then I get a flare up and every time it does flare up it seems to be worse

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.