Support for mental and emotional side of things

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I am a long term cfs sufferer and I'm the last one to go down this track mentioned in the topic heading and I've been the fool for it. I thought some kindred spirits might appreciate a live chatroom I have just started up which is for discussion of this side of things only. I wanted an option unlike a forum where the response is not instant. This live chatroom format is more suited to me most of the time and I assume others like me because I can only do things in the instant I can do them, what I can do now is not the same as I can do 10 minutes later and I need to start and complete things while I can, not have things drag on for hours or days where it may no longer be the thing I can do.This chat group is hidden from general view, you cannot do a chat channel search to find it and this is the first place I have let it be known it exists. Also others can not view your chat at a later date.

Private message me for instructions on how to enter this chatroom.

Hope to see you there but bare in mind I have only just started this and it will take some time for me to get around to spreading the word, but if you just stay connected(uses next to zero data) people won't think that nobody comes here and things will eventually gain momentum.

This chatroom is meant as a supportive place for people to talk to other people that can relate to the mental, emotional and feeling side of this condition, so I hope those interested in this will give it the support it needs to gain momentum.

5 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

hi kiwihealth. i would like to follow up on your suggestion, but can't find the ''private'' facility??

perhaps you could ''private''msg me?.

with thanks

Caitlin

• Posted

Wow, was not expecting such a quick response, thanks guys.
  • Posted

By the way I ask that you private message me rather than me give instructions in my post because that is the rules of this website.
  • Posted

Hi, well done for doing this, I would appreciate instructions to join please.  kind regards Lily
  • Posted

Brilliant idea!  Im like you, things have got to be now, or I could be too il the next day
  • Posted

Hi Kiwihealth;  yes I agree that the Emotional Support, (for any Illness) is very important....please let me know where you are chatting, and what time of day you and your others chat...it would benefit many who cannot afford to download to a Psychologist/counsellor every time they need to chat...as you say, it needs to be dealt with at the time of issue...not 2 weeks later..Bron
  • Posted

Yes me too Kiwihealth...I couldn't find a Private Mesage Envelope for you, so had to reply via o[en blog...Bron

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.