Support Group

Posted , 14 users are following.

Would anyone be interested in setting up a support group in the Bristol area (UK)? We could meet and share experiences. I'd be willing to coordinate.

I've been thinking that it would be difficult to meet out, for example in a cafe, as we might be inhibited to talk frankly, but maybe we could rotate round people's houses. There's also going to be people who can meet in the day, and people for whom evenings are better. Lots of things to think about, and I haven't done anything like this before, but I'm willing to give it a try.

Any takers?

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Excellent idea for local support groups. I live in Southend on Sea, Essex. Well done for taking the initiative
  • Posted

Hi

I live within easy reach of Bristol. Would be interested in knowing more if something was arranged

Barbara

• Posted

So three of us so far within easy reach. I'll wait a bit longer and see if there's anyone else.

Annie and Brbara I've PM'd you

• Posted

No I haven't! I can't work out how to do it! Can someone explain it to me please - Oh I'm so dense...
  • Posted

Would love to but I'm in North Yorkshire a little too far for me. Good luck with it and update us on here x
  • Posted

I know this was posted a year ago but have you started the support group as I've just recently been diagnosed with LS. I live in the Bristol North area

Many thanks

Karen

• Posted

Karen, I'm in Bristol too, would be happy to meet up. I sent you a direct message, did you get it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.