Support group

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have received a letter from esa putting me in the support group.

My payment was delayed going in the bank today and when ive checked it tonight they have put my payment under jsa.

I cant work as im too ill and cus ive been placed under the support group why as my payment gone as jsa

If anyone could explain this i would be most grateful x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dawn,

I received my first payment for ESA yesterday and that too shows as JSA. I called them worried I had gotten confused with which benefit they had awarded but I was told that one off payments are paid under the same payment system which shows up as JSA on bank accounts - Nothing to worry about. x

• Posted

Hi Dawn,

Most initial ESA in the (support group) payments, will appear as JSA. This is standard, it may look wrong but it is correct. Your next ESA payment will show on a bank statement as EESA paid via the BACS system.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

When it says JSA when your on ESA it means it's a same day payment

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.