Support group

Posted , 5 users are following.

I got an unexpected payment today from DWP so rang them (only took 2 times trying at 30 mins wait each time for them to answer). 

Seems it's arrears from being placed in the support group from the WRAG , but nobody told me I had been put in the support group.

Ah well at least it was good news

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Nice one! now you can concentrate on yourself without having to worry about being called for WRAG back to  work appointments
    • Posted

Yeah thanks 

The appointments were only twice a year and lasted about 15 minutes, but it was painful sitting on their chairs and I didn't see the point of them as they usually asked the same questions and we usually just talked about online shopping .

• Posted

As I'm 68 I really don't have any idea about WRAG and the support group, but any extra money coming in is brilliant news.   Treat yourself biggrin

• Posted

Yeah sukes I'm 60 and my retirement age is 66 now , but I have been on incapacity benefit and esa for a good few years now since I got divorced and my kids grew up.

• Posted

As you point out you can claim ESA right up until the date when you start your State Retirement Pension.

Ironically at the moment (the date keeps changing as the retirement date does) you can claim Guaranteed Pension Credit from age 63 (male or female).

So at age 63 (currently) you would have the choice of Income Based ESA or a combination of Income and Contribution based ESA OR Guaranteed Pension Credit.

For those in the Support Group and claiming Contribution Based ESA may well be more secure for the claimants benefit if they keep their ESA entitlement and just have a top up by way of Guaranteed Pension Credit.

• Posted

Thanks Les 

I didn't know that I'm not up to date with it all , do they let you know this or have you had to find out yourself?

• Posted

I had to retire through ill health in 2001 and honestly cannot remember what I was actually claiming. I know I had incapacity and my hubby had carers allowance.  That stopped when he reached 65 and shortly after that I reached 60 and received the Government pension.

I was on DLA for almost 20 years when I was 'kindly invited' to apply for PIP.  Things and names change all the time don't they x

• Posted

I know and they are making it harder too.

I think a lot of it relies on how you word your answers to questions now and If you didn't  have a nice decent assessor

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.