support groups/ people to talk to

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi everyone..Ive just registered and am looking for a support group thsat will actually meet up and offer support through friendship. I had a hysterectomy in 2013 and my life has increasingly become difficult and is swiftly going downhill physically and emotionally. I read all the wonderful comments but wish we could meet up and share ideas. Ive stopped working so much although i run a business (cafe) and now find it hard to be there as its a demanding place. My health has spiralled in the last few months and i feel like theres little help form GPs etc. Im Derbyshire/ South Yorkshire based

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello I'm South Yorkshire based :-) I've found once you have had it done medical support isn't there! This group however has supported me and I'm only 12 days post op :-).

Sorry to here your health has spiralled :-( they say it's supposed to give you a new lease of life, I can't comment at the moment I'm far too sore and have questioned what I've done but the healing process takes some time doesn't it. I'm 39 so heading straight into the menopause at 90mph which is very frightening and I'm crying most days :-(

X

• Posted

hi sorry you struggling, yes its all a nightmare isnt it.

id like to meet up but im down south, like you its good to share.

im struggling emotionally and physically too, not had hysterectomy but at the end of the day its all hormonal whatever.

Lets share some symptoms and help each other out.

ie. whats the worse we are struggling with at the moment.x

• Posted

Sorry, I'm south of London so it wouldn't be practical. But am here to support remotely. Have you tried approaching the voluntary/charitable sector about some support?  They can pick up where the NHS leaves off.  It might be worth Googling what organisations are available to support with both physical conditions and emotional ones, from offering practical help and listening/counselling approaches.

• Posted

Hi,,  You can try meetup dot com.   Here in the states you type in your zip code and find a group of people based on your age, interests and hobbies..   I have done this when I feel like I need to do something different.

• Posted

UGH...  why is it not showing??  I didn't say any thing bad!!   I'll message you.

• Posted

Hi claranye. I am so sorry you are suffering like this. These hormones are no joke and I think most of us would love to meet up for support and friendship. I don't even know if there is such a thing here in the US. But I can tell you, this forum has been a life saver. Seriously, every time I am having a rough day I can post on here and someone will be there for me. I hope it can be the same for you. ((Hugs))

• Posted

Hi, I'm in West Yorkshire/ Greater Manchester.

I understand what you mean about chatting and laughing (hopefully) with other women in a similar situation. My friends all seem to be coping and don't need to talk about menopause. I go to a Pilates class full of 40 and 50 year old women and menopause is never mentioned. I tried to make a joke about a hot flush once and there was just nervous giggles and then silence.

I love this site and it has helped me loads with coping tips and hugs.

I don't mind having a drive out now and again if it would help you x

I don't mind  

• Posted

Hi Maisie, what you've said has really struck a cord. It was only yesterday after a meltdown that I said the same to my husband.... why do I look around and other women my age seem to be coping? The amount of embarrassment and lack of wanting to even engage the subject among friends and family is confusing. I feel more alone than ever at the moment.

My journey started 3 yrs ago with a hysterectomy and this last few months are the worst. I honestly can't even imagine how bad I'll be when there's no more hormones. I'm on bioidentical progesterone cream which helped at the beginning but not now. There's so much wrong it's exhausting to even type it all out. I'm in Bakewell but have a cafe in a Sheffield and love to get out in the car. Either way us having a coffee and chat would be lovely. I don't know your story but if you want to email me happy to pass on my details or phone number. Where are you? I was in Huddersfield and Leeds this week with work so don't mind a drive out either. X

• Posted

I haven't had a hysterectomy but considering it due to heavy bleeding from fibroids. I'm out all day soon but I'll message you later x

• Posted

Hi Maise,

I'm with you on how much this site has helped me.

I'm 41 so none of my friends are going through it yet, so they don't understand.

I have a couple of friends I try to make a joke of it with, I blame everything on my my menopause 😂😂. If I have been in your pilates class I would have added to your comment, probably mention how smoking "hot" we were, how I couldn't get up off the floor my bones ache to much, how we've gone from tena ladies to tena pants 😂😂. Sometimes the only way forward is to take the Mickey and laugh 😂😂

• Posted

I have felt the same way. Where are all the other women around me going through this?! I am 44 and around several women at church that are a little older and no one ever talks about it or they just seem to have it all together. Which I know better, but still it's hard. I feel like I have a sign on my forehead that says I FEEL AWFUL. 😂 Lol. And it really doesn't help when someone asks if I'm okay! Ugh.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.