Support needed today

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Guys,

i am experiencing extreme anxiety today.. This has been probably the worst day. The anxiety is just not decreasing at all. i feel worried that its not going to work.. i have been on sertraline for 3 weeks now and i haven't felt this bad since before taking it.

Has any body else had this at 3 weeks. it was bad yesterday but worse today. Do i need to up the dose or is this just part of the process..??

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

try not to panick as that's exactly how I felt at 3 weeks too x it is normal x easier said than done I know when feeling like you are x I'm 6 weeks tomorrow and havnt had much improvement yet so will be increasing soon I think x try to make it to six weeks before you increase if you can x as you will be able to see if you've had any improvement by then x

• Posted

i know i feel hopeless.. last week was so much better.. how are you going? are you still on 50 or did you i crease to 75..

i hope it gets better for you soon.. x

i know and have read this is normal but i have felt so much worse the last few hours and its just like i cant calm down.. this is such a long long road.. but positive support helps so much..

i saw my doctor last week a s she said to stay at 50 for another 4 weeks so until week 6 then will see how things are going..

• Posted

sounds like your doc knows more than most x normally they bump you up way too early! the fact that last week was better really is a positive sign! that means they are starting to work a little now. even though this week is horrible for you it will get better I promise!

I have stayed on 50mg the whole time so next will be 75mg I think x

• Posted

you will find that every day is so different so today might be crap but tomorrow might be better then worse then better. it really is a roller coaster!! you will improve just keep going x

• Posted

Hi

I also took sertraline for anxiety and save me.

Maybe you will have to upper your dose as Pataghost did below.

But honestly, do stick to it and believe me will definitely help you great in the days to come

• Posted

Hi Sam that happened to me in week 3 I also thought it would not work...just stick with it give the 50 at least 6 to 8 weeks then if you still feel it is not for you chest to your doctor...sertraline is quite slow acting so I have been told...good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.