suppport for spouses of people sick with Minieres

Posted , 3 users are following.

Standing by and watching your loved one suffer the affects of Minieres disease is so very hard on the heart.  Do you feel helpless and scared, worried and sad?.  Lets talk and share.  I am needing it myself

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi The first thing to remember is that this is not a life threatening problem, at least not as far as I know, it is more a debilitating issue.  I am a menieres sufferer and my partner being there is a bonus, i feel I can get through the spinning and the sickness. There is medical help for Menieres in the form of injections and tablets, it is not the complete answer and what I know is that unless you are prepared to do some balance exercise and other forms of exercise soon after you will remain under the spell of menieres.  I have had a mild attack this year, the first thing I did was to do my balance exercise.  Menieres is daunting and for those watching it must be how you describe but you being there and supporting in one form or another helps the sufferer.  Take care
  • Posted

Hi Terri.  Are you sure your loved one has MD?  What are symptoms?  Is this person being treated currently?  What is treatment and is an ENT doctor managing the treatment?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.