Suprapubic Catherer and Thermal Wear

Posted , 1 user is following.

I previously inquired about wearing thermal with SPC and leg bag and night bag. There was very little discussion on this subject, therefore I want to relate my experience.  I traveled to Norway in February and cruised the Norwegian coastline from Bergen to Kerkines. All in all I spent 12 days using thermals.  Before I left I altered my thermals at the knee area, with a slit in order to be able to expose the leg bag emptying valve and the strap.  This allowed emptying the bag with no need to undress to empty bag. To be able to use the night bag I made a small hole on my pajama at the knee area in order to insert the tubing thru and connect to the catherer. Theses alterations worked very well for me. Also to deal with wet trousers pants cuff, I altered my a Denim with a zipper on the leg bag side.  My seamstress put in a 16inch zipper. 

There was some comment that the extra warmth created by the thermal may lead to infection at the stoma. I did not experience any problems. 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.