Supraventricular ectopics - 13,000

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have just seen the result of my 24 holter monitor which shows 13,000 PACs in 24 hours. Throughout that time I was in sinus rhythm. I feel dreadful most of the time. CT angio was clear. My GP is totally unconcerned, saying they are benign but I have read that such a big number of ectopics can be a precursor to Afib, stroke and heart failure. I'm 74 and had them for years but recently really symptomatic. I have has betablockers in the past but HR drops too much and doesn't stop them. Is anyone on this site with that many being left untreated?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Presumably you had the holter monitor fitted because you had been feeling the PAC's? So would you say this number is normal and happens every day or does it go in phases?

I keep a regular diary and I had quite a bad day last week but have noted few if any episodes the last few days. Looking through my diary this fluctuation in numbers is very noticeable. There seems no rhyme nor reason to it and doctors tend to be dismissive

• Posted

i can't count them without a holter monitor but my BP machine shows irregular pulse icon. the report said up 900 an hour. i had very bad chest pain a few months ago and had to have CT Angio, echo and holter. 2016 a holter showed 8,500 so they've increased 50% in five years. Any natural means of limiting them would be appreciated. i feel as if they are made worse by stomach problems but what do i know.

• Posted

So lets assume they are 'benign' and you accept this.

Reading the thousands of comments on this site there are three things that invariably set off these things.

First and foremost is anxiety.

The second is the wrong diet, with people reporting a wide variety of factors setting them off, or making them worse.

The third is a change in circumstances

Dealing with the first, you sound anxious which is not surprising. Deep breathing can help, some report yoga as being useful. google anxiety and see if anything comes up that might help.

As for the second, everything from caffeine to alcohol, bread to cheese is blamed. for some people none of the usual triggers have an impact, for others they are sensitive to everything. Have you googled the Vagus nerve? Stomach problems seem to be mentioned frequently and the Vagus nerve is key to this. Burping often helps as you may have found, or eating smaller meals earlier, or tonal stimulation (basically humming)

A change in circumstances might relate to the second factor. For instance have you become a vegan recently, or changed meal times, or changed your drinking habits? This factor can also be related to personal factors, moving house, a change in personal circumstances, family relationships etc. All of which might feed back to an increase in anxiety and stomach problems So it can be a vicious circle.

Within these threads you will see some very long ones and its worth sitting down and spending an hour or two reading the comments as some of them are likely to resonate with you, especially the number of ectopics some people get which can be in the tens of thousands a day, hence the need to ensure they are 'benign.'

• Posted

Thank you Tony, unbearable at moment. They don't feel as bad when standing/moving or lying flat but sitting, particularly after eating is horrible. I know I've had them for years but thIs is new and I cam barely eat. need an electrophysiological but that will be an endless wait. I paid for private cardiologist and echo but NHS CTAngio and holter, can't keep shelling out and getting nowhere but can't live like this.

• Posted

Moderate exercise is said to help, such as walking at a reasonable pace.

Have you looked at the numerous other comments on other threads here as you will see many that are as concerned as you?

Has anything changed in your life as I wrote above, that could have caused the renewed problem?

Have you googled the vagus nerve as there is a connection with digestion, so you might have embarked on a diet that doesn't agree with you or you might have a new allergy or IBS.

Have you tried burping, breathing deeply in a controlled manner or tonal stimulation?

Doctors are often very dismissive but your clear anxiety is likely making things worse so it becomes a vicious circle.

If you have tried all these things then I would suggest you approach the NHS again and ensure they realise the state you are currently in. A detailed daily diary of health events and your lifestyle would help them and you

• Posted

with this high number ,,you need an ablation,, because on the long run it can cause Cardiomyopathy...iam not a doctor but i have been reading about those PVC and PAC for 2 years ..if yourself read alot about your condition probably you will know better than your GP...you need to insist to be referred to Electrophysiologist....mine started straight after Covid Symptoms in March 2020. i have PVC and PAC...but PAC very rare ..i have loads of PVC everyday in the range of 1000 a day up and down..i have 24 hour home ECG..

• Posted

Yes. After being vaccinated my PAC burden has risen to 29,500 daily. I was told by my EP earlier this year that he thought they would diminish on their own. Instead, they've become more frequent.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.