SUPRAVENTRICULAR TACHYCARDIA

Posted , 3 users are following.

[b:81ac6d2a3f] IM A 27 YEAR OLD FEMALE AND MY EPISODE STARTED AFTER I HAD BEEN OUT FOR A DRINK, 12:10 MY HEART STARTED BEATING REALLY FAST I JUST THOUGHT IT WAS A PANIC ATTACK AND IT WOULD PASS, I WENT TO SLEEP AND AWOKE AT 4:50 MY HEART WAS STILL BEATING REALLY FAST BUT I COULD BREATH AND TALK NORMAL, I WENT TO SEE THE DOCTOR WHO SENT ME STRAIGHT TO THE HOSPITAL AS MY HEART RATE WAS 208 AND MY BLOOD PRESSURE WAS A LITTLE LOW, WHEN IN THE AMBULANCE THEY ASKED ME TO BLOW INTO A SYRINGE (AS THIS CAN SOMETIMES STOP IT) THIS DID NOT WORK AND WHEN AT THE HOSPITAL THEY TRIED THE SYRINGE AGAIN AND THE SINUS MASSARGE NOTHING WORKED SO THEY GAVE ME A INJECTION TO PAUSE MY HEART SO IT COULD START ITS NATURAL RYTHM, I WAS TOLD IT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL REALLY BAD LIKE YOUR DYING, WELL THEY WERE RIGHT IT MADE ME FEEL REALLY STRAGE AND UNFORTUNATLY IT DIDN'T WORK THE FIRST OR THE SECOND TIME BUT THE THIRD TIME IT WORKED, AFTER I HAD THE INJECTIONS THE HEART RATE WAS NORMAL BUT I HAD REALLY BAD CHEST AND UPPER BACK PAIN I WAS GIVEN 2 PARACETAMOL AND 1 CODINE, I WAS BACK TO NORMAL AND FEELING GREAT.... HOPE THIS HELPS[/b:81ac6d2a3f]

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I've never been on this site before and was amazed that the first SVT experience I selected to read was very simliar to my own experience. I have SVT episodes at least every other day but have only had 2 where I have been hospitalised. With the first one my heart had been racing for over 3 hours and was advised by an emergency doctor to go to A&E but once there the episode stopped. The second time it didn't and I was taken by ambulance to hospital - my heart rate like yours was 208 at its highest. I was given a very small syringe to blow into which didn't help and was then told I needed medication and was given the same description that you mentioned - that it makes you feel like you are dying (not really what you want to hear before they inject you!). Similarly, the first 2 injections of medication didn't work but the final one did. It is very strange, SVT, on my part anyway, in that you don't feel unwell just a bit breathless and 'not quite right'. I keep thinking about the catheter ablation and have said that the next episode where I end up in hospital will be the one that makes my decision about having the procedure.

• Posted

[quote:53e6db505a=\"SVT Sufferer\"]Hi

I've never been on this site before and was amazed that the first SVT experience I selected to read was very simliar to my own experience. I have SVT episodes at least every other day but have only had 2 where I have been hospitalised. With the first one my heart had been racing for over 3 hours and was advised by an emergency doctor to go to A&E but once there the episode stopped. The second time it didn't and I was taken by ambulance to hospital - my heart rate like yours was 208 at its highest. I was given a very small syringe to blow into which didn't help and was then told I needed medication and was given the same description that you mentioned - that it makes you feel like you are dying (not really what you want to hear before they inject you!). Similarly, the first 2 injections of medication didn't work but the final one did. It is very strange, SVT, on my part anyway, in that you don't feel unwell just a bit breathless and 'not quite right'. I keep thinking about the catheter ablation and have said that the next episode where I end up in hospital will be the one that makes my decision about having the procedure.[/quote:53e6db505a]

• Posted

premature baby, holistic medicine(science) to treat condition called paroxismal supra ventricular tachycardia.
  • Posted

Need help on finding holistic treatment for premature baby, holistic medicine(science) to treat condition called paroxismal supra ventricular tachycardia.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.