Surely this isn't normal?

Posted , 5 users are following.

So since November 2014 I've had 3 toes / partial toe amputations. One of my toes has recently turned a funny way - I've been too the doctors serval times and they said not to worry well the skin has broken down on the toe, it's red (dorsally upwards) and I have swollen lymph nodes. I'm on a strong dose of antibiotics and it just seems to be doing nothing. I've had sepsis from this before so am pretty worried..

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi jessie16115, you poor thing that sounds terrible, go back to your doctors tell them how you feel. Write it down and give it to them to read in case you get upset. You must be in so much pain. X
  • Posted

I'd definately get a second opinion. That is definately not right!!
  • Posted

Don't battle on get an appointment and see the doctor, even an emergency appointment I agree this does not seem normal and as you say you don't want to suffer from sepsis again. Good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.