Surge of body heat

Posted , 8 users are following.

Does anyone else experience it. I have gone through hot flashes, too old now, but.  Just recently started getting overwhelming surge of body heat. last for a few minutes but it soaks me. Just had thyroid tested but came back ok.

Any idea what this might be?

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gail,

Have you recently taken any new medication?, if so hot sweats can be a side effect. Are you anxious about anything? or are you excited about something?

I had hot flashes when I took a certain med, I used to sweat profusely. I stopped

taking them for that reason. Do you drink alcohol frequently or coffee? I know

too much can cause you to sweat. Hope you get to the bottom ofthe cause of your hot flash.  Kind regards.

• Posted

Hi Lilian05079

Thanks for your reply. I don't drink at all and never have smoked. When these surges came on a few months ago (6-7) I was having stomach problems, found gallstones and had gallbladder removed July 11th and for 2 weeks after the surgery, the surges went away, but they are back again. When I first started to tell doctor about the surges, she switched me over to Wellbutrin , Co10 w/ vit. E. I do have an appt. with my doctor next month. Also, my vit. D is very low on all levels so I have been put on a large dose once a week for 12 weeks. Also, have been on medicine for cholesterol for quite awhile.

• Posted

Hi Gail,

Are you taking statins? if so they do cause sweating that's why I stopped them.

Read your leaflet that came with the statins, (if that is what your taking) and look at the side effects. If they are causing you to get severe hot flashing go see your GP. Regards.

• Posted

No,they did take me off statins because of the leg pains. put me on Zetia.
  • Posted

Hi Gail,

The Zetia could well be causing the hot flashes. Make an appointment with your GP

and discuss it. Kind regards.

• Posted

I lost my gallbladder after years of it being what they called slugish, gut troubles, 18 for Vit D level   sweats,..but i unfortunintaly am of age for menopause, so they tell me thats it,.. I dont believe much they say,..the hot lfashes dont go on every day of the year, and its been years now,.....  You feel like Your in a microwave cooking from the inside out? yet You feet can be cold?  does drinking hot or cold drinks set them off as well?..   no I dont have it pinpointed,.. but Im wondering how Yours are?  some times even a sip of hot or cold sets them off,..yet other times it doesnt, I too had thryroid checked they said fine,.. but if I were you i would get copys of ALL your records and see just how   "ok" the levels are,.. what was Your Vit D level?    they gave You the 50,000  once a week?              Chell
    • Posted

My Vit. is at 13, very low. As for hot flashes, I had a  complete hysterectomy  at 50 so that sent me into menopause right away. I did all the hot flash stuff but this is a different heat.
  • Posted

Hi I went into the menopause 3 years ago after having a hysterectomy , in the last weeks I have started with these surges of heat going through my body which leave me sweating and soaking wet , it's awful feeling, I don't know what to do it's really affecting my life it can come on at anytime , if you have any advice please let me know I'm really desperate regards debbie

• Posted

Has anyone found a solution , interestingly I also have had gallbladder removed and seem to have gained gut issues since so I'm wondering if this could be a vagus nerve respone

• Posted

I got hot flashes after my gallbladder surgery as well, lasted for months. Turns out I have gastritis and I believe it's causing my hot flashes along with anxiety.

• Posted

Hi i have like a radiating heat in my torso, no sweating just slow radiating heat. I feel like i am cooking from inside out. It is awful. I have been through menepause 5 years ago. This heat usually happens in the evening .

Drives me crazy i hate it.

Feels like i sm burning up.

• Posted

Hi diannalt1956

Does this surge of heat happen at any particular time..such as after eating or having a hot drink?...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.