surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

I snapped my Achilles tendon 16 months ago I have spent the whole time in and out of casts .I have been booked into surgery on the 4th march (under a week) for a tenden transplant I am so worried about the recovery ,what to expect after the op in fact I'm worried about everything has anybody else been through this operation who can give me some help on wat to expect thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mary.

Such a same your recovery hasn't worked well for you. Seems like this operation is well needed if it still hasn't healed by now.

IV never heard of this operation before. How does it work?

Hope it goes ok and do give an update.

Regards

Carolyn.

• Posted

Mary look at my story regarding my recovery progress you'll see what you expect! I hope you will be back on your feet in no time!
    • Posted

Well had my op on Wednesday I've had some doner graft put in and I'm in a temporary cast ,feels very sore at the moment but I should expect that ,had pysio this morning learnt how to hop with a frame lol,much easier than crutches ,all in all it hasn't been as bad as I thought so that's a plus ,been told I should be in a good place within 9 months so fingers crossed

• Posted

Sounds like it's going well for you then. Bet your glad it's all getting sorted now and you can get back on track after all that time.
    • Posted

Thats great Mary, sounds like op went well and you'll be back on your feet in no time. Yes, i didn't enjoy the crutches and blisters that came with it.

I am 9 months since op now and i been given the all clear to start running again. The time flys trust me smile. good luck in your recovery, keep us updated!

• Posted

I hope this don't sound a really stupid question ,last night I was lying in bed ,I wiggled my toes and for the first time in a long time I felt my calf move it felt like something wriggling up my leg ,it freaked me out at first but I done it a few times and realised my calf is actually working ,but within half hour it was hurting like hell ,should I be doing this ,or leaving things to settle ,any advice x
    • Posted

Mary,

Sounds like your muscle is contracting when you tense it? But hurting afterwards doesn't sound to good. I would rest it. But I would also contact your physiotherpist or doctor if your really worried.

Just realised you commented 7 days ago... How has it been since?!

• Posted

To be honest everything feels really good ,feels a little bit tight but think that's where the staples are ,the hospital scared the life out of me talking about the wound breaking down and infection but it feels like everything is good,can't wait till I get a full cast on and get the next 8weeks over with,I think that's when the hard work will begin ,thank you for the reply x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.