SURGERY

Posted , 10 users are following.

YAY.....I have my Arrive at the day surgery time for tomorrow....its arrive at 11.30am......so I'm in the arvo for my op. Feeling a bit excited 😊❌❌

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Kerri, I'm excited for you too!! Β Have you to fast from early morning? That's good a time, I had to be there midday and when I got there they let me know I was scheduled for theatre around 2pm, so discharge should be around 8pm. Β Have you to taken an overnight bag, just in case? Β Mandy x
    • Posted

I have to fast 6 hours before I go in. Yep I'm happy with 11.30, I can sleep in a little bit in the morning. I have my 5 month old grandson tonight just till around midnight.....mummy and daddy have gone to the Ed Sheerin Concert up in Sydney, so it will be good to sleep in a little in the morning, won't have to rush around. They didn't mention an overnight bag it is only a day surgery, I'm think it closes when they send the last patient home unless they maybe transfer you to the private if they have to. Not sure....I'll wing it, the private is only 3 minutes from where I live anyway. Thanks for your kind thoughts. Will keep everyone posted....maybe not tomoz night but as soon as I'm able 😘❌❌❌❌
  • Posted

We are all there with you Kerri!! How long does procedure take, and recovery time??

You must listen to them and keep that arm In the sling!!! How long have you been waiting for this surgery? Xxx

• Posted

Hi Mel.....thanks heaps 😘

It has helped more than you can imagine having all you guys here to talk to, to moan and groan to and understand what we all suffer every day. You have all been my strength and even though I'm on the other side of the world I looked forward to my evenings cause I knew you were all just rising and starting your day.  I'm not sure how long the actual procedure takes but recovery is 4-6 hours. Oh trust me lovely that sling will be on for the whole 6 weeks.....I'm not allowed to move the joint at all, in my case we have to give the tendon time to knit back onto the bone. I saw my surgeon for the 1st time on the 3rd March. So really I havnt been waiting long it was originally scheduled for 10th APRIL but I asked to be also put on a cancellation list and I got a cancellation for tomoz 27th March 😘❌❌❌

• Posted

Wow!!!!!!! Its almost here!!!!! Yay smileΒ 

As Mel says its a good time as well smile Β Deffo take an overnight bag just in case - be prepared smile

Sending tuns & tuns of luck - everyone on here will be thinking of you smile Big hugs and loves xxx

• Posted

Thanks heaps Linda...love everyone of you.

Will hopefully be able to report in on Saturday, won't get home till probably after 8 tomoz night my time 😘❌❌❌❌

• Posted

Don't worry about us lot concentrate on yourself smile let us know after the weekend - get some well deserved rest smile xxxxx
  • Posted

Good luck gun. Got everything crossed for you. β™₯
  • Posted

Good luck hun. Got everything crossed for you. β™₯
    • Posted

thankyou....appreciate all the love and kind thoughts you are all sending my way 😘❌❌❌
  • Posted

its already been said many times , but good luck anyway we all hope its a success
    • Posted

Naaaw thanks Jim....I'm praying that each and every one of you gets some help soon, and I hope you can get your pain meds sorted out Luvvy

talk soon πŸ’™

• Posted

Awwh good luck Kerri, we'll all be thinking about you. Sending love and hugs. I forgot you and I had different surgery, I had the arthorscopic capsular release so only in a sling 24 hours, far luckier than you, the sling will give you comfort and reassurance though, take it a day at a time, you'll feel woozy from the whole thing and not up for conversing, even with us! I had to stay over unexpectedly but it was all ok and nothing to worry about, so maybe just take a few things just in case. You have a lovely evening tonight with lots of little person hugs (good timing) and we're hear how you got on soon. This time tomorrow girl.... wowser! Hugs Mandy xx
  • Posted

Hi Kerri,

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow.Β  I know how you feel, I would have crawled over hot coals to get to the hospital for surgery!

I am 5 weeks post surgery and feeling stronger every day, you will too very soon.

Take care and let the family spoil you rotten.

Cheryl xx

Β 

• Posted

Good to see you are still improving Cheryl, how you finding things now 5 weeks down the line?Β 
    • Posted

Feeling good.Β  I managed to lift my arms out front all the way up and did the same out to the side without using the pulley, I couldn't believe it as a few days before my arms would shake and drop like a stone!Β  The body is a curious thing.

I am now working on trying to do the bra strap manoeuvre but the arm just doesn't want to go there, so just keep plugging away at it.

Pain is so much better, still get the odd weird twinge in the arm muscle though and under my collarbone, physio said it is just natural as I am stretching everything out.Β  Still get tired easily, but I think it takes a long time to feel totally normal, but I am getting there slowly.

Hope all is good with you too xx

• Posted

Thanks heaps Cheryl.....

so pleased your on the road to recovery....looking forward to being waited on....lol

however I won't hold my breath 😜

• Posted

Good to hear you are doing well, it's interesting what you say about the collar bone area Cheryl, I have a 'weird' feeling there too. It's a hard and long journey and self directed (in the motivation for physio at home and pain relief) so good luck with it continuing to progress. Β I can't even remember how to do my bra up properly and all this time being off I've been hanging loose most of the time so to speak, on the same vein I've developed a knack in doing a tidy yet still squint pony tail too! mandy xxx
    • Posted

Wow...good on you, your coming ahead in leaps and bounds. Good luck with the bra strap manoeuvre......I find the whole bra thing just exhausting to be honest. I'm hoping after my op all the tension in the back of my neck and shoulder blades will ease off.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.