Surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

Today I went to my neurosurgeon and while I was at the office I had another MRI. He said that I would most likely benefit from the surgery. I have very brisk reflexes which is a concern for him and even my neurologist. The thought of having the surgery definitely creates even more anxiety for me but the thought of not having the surgery worries me. From the day my primary doctor told me I had Chiari Malformation and surgery was possibly an option I have been on board with it. Deep down I am worried on how my family/friends are gonna react to it. My family is worried sick about me and so if my friends but the way my friends are coping with it is hard for me. If you seen my other post you know they have made jokes about it. So, I am very scared on the reaction I will get from them.  

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello well first take a deep breath......Lol. my daughter is 7 and had her 1st surgery for Chiari @ 1 1/2 years old, her name is Hannah. The? surgery is called "Magnum Decompression" and possibly a "laminectomy" @ C1 of your spine. Make sure you have a good surgeon, maybe one that specializes in Chiari Malformation.

How old are you & where about do you live?

• Posted

I'm 13 and I live in North Carolina. I feel very confident with my surgeon. He does specializes in Chiari Malformation which gives myself relief.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.