surgery

Posted , 8 users are following.

If you have surgery on an area that is bad, does it not ever come back in that same area?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Yes it is possible that they can come back in the same exact area that you had surgery on. This has happened to me several times!
    • Posted

Hi Dolly, what procedure did you do? Looking into surgery options as well
  • Posted

You mean getting it lanced? If so, it don't come right back ,but it comes back.

• Posted

I have read about people that have had surgery the condition does recur.

Diet seems to be the only relief I have heard of having continuous results.

Check out HS Diet Connection Facebook group. Alot of good info.

• Posted

Homeopathy worked for me (along with some lifestyle tweaks.) Am in remission now, after 15 yrs with HS.

I never could identify dietary triggers.

So there are different protocols that do work. smile

• Posted

Yes, with most surgeries it will come back. However, I have heard there is a surgery that gets rid of the ducts that has a better success. It is called unroofing.
  • Posted

It recurred in the same post-surgery site for me. Plus, eventually came up in newer places too. That's when I realized surgery wasn't really helping. Homeopathy (a type of holistic treatment) worked for me. In remission now, post 15 yrs of HS. Homeo worked on the underlying abnormal tendencies and has changed how my skin/immune system reacts to my HS triggers.

• Posted

How do I find a homeopath?

• Posted

Google 'classical homeopath' or 'classical homeopathy' along with your location. Some results should show up.

Another thing you could do... Check for pharmacies that sell homeopathic meds/remedies. You could ask the pharmacist/salesperson handling the Homeo meds' sales about some experienced/competent classical homeopath they could suggest. This might work, because they must get patients from Homeopaths coming in to purchase homeo meds.

Please keep in mind, if you find a homeopath who seems to understand your case, give the doc 3-4 months for some changes to start taking place. Also, if in this time frame no realone changes are visible, the doc might not be handling the case well... doesn't mean homeopathy doesn't work.

I had to switch to a new one, when nothing much happened in this time frame. The new one (2nd homeo I saw) was the game changer for me! I stuck with her for 5 yrs, because there were evident changes taking place through the course of that time.

• Posted

My PCP  sent to me to Infectous disease doctor, not a dermatalogest........IF Doc says there is no more he can do for me because my boils never had puss in them. They do bleed.  Antibiotics didnt help me at all. I did see a dermatologist later. He said to stay away from sugar and yeast.......going to try garlic orally  
  • Posted

Has anyone here ever have any luck with EMUAID cream? I read one review on amazon and the guy said it did nothing for his HS. I am using tea tree oil
  • Posted

I had surgery on my armpit some years ago and I must say I don't tend to get them in that armpit now I just get them in the other one

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.