Surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

When will you have surgery?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I’ve already had 2 rib resections and a nerve sympathectomy. No more bloods clots since but I have really bad muscle spasms where the ribs are gone and there is no support 
    • Posted

Oh Julie! I am so sorry to hear that, it sounds awful! If you could go back would you avoid the surgery?
  • Posted

I had the surgery on one side. It was LIFE ALTERING. The unbearable pain in my left arm/side was something incredible and getting worse. I had the surgeryf, probably a year and a half ago, and I'm a NEW, very HAPPY person. Yes, getting over it was difcult. I was able to go to class a couple days later but I mean reaching above my shoulder and gripping things with confidence was an issue until going to PT. Now, I will say, if I sleep on it wrong I will have numbness and loss of grip. THE PAIN IS GONE though! I'm just SOOO happy about that. I couldn't sleep, work, do ANYTHING, it got THAT bad. 

So, when it comes down to it. Measure it with how much it is interfering in your life. Right now, I'm working OVER 40hrs a week. I'm ;active, I have some sort of social life including bf.

It REALLY is ALL about Quality of Life. Decide what it's worth to you. Also, know that it doesn't work for some people. Do your research on the surgeon you go with. Mine had been around for decades. Don't take the decision lightly and again, do your research. It you don't like your "in network" surgeon.... PAY to go to another. It can mean a difference in the effectiveness of the surgery.

Good LUCK!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.