Surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone, (me again) is there anyone on here that has experienced more than two prolapse failure ops? I had failed posterior o r antErior Nov 2018 I have. ow had a second posterior op5wks ago a d t hat feels like it has also failed 😦 Yet a g ain, grateful for any advice. Thank you. Sarnie

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Sandra

try not to worry as is early days and you will still be healing. My consultant doesn't assess before 12 weeks for this reason.

I had failed anterior repair in Jan 2017 and on 16th Dec 2019 had sacro hysteropexy and posterior repair. Last week I fearer I felt prolapse but this week seems more positive.

When so you see consultant?

• Posted

Thank you for your reply.I see my consultant on March 2nd 12 wks post op. wishing you all the best X

• Posted

HI Sandra

I have had three ant/ post /recto plus s /fix urethral fix and hysterectomy. ALL failed because the initial traumatic forceps delivery tore my pelvic floor muscles from pelvic bone and there is no surgery as yet for that.

3D and 4D ultrasound taken horizontally and vertically shows the extent of the damage.

I hope this is not your situation as after going through all this surgery and long recovery it is a half life of physical activity ahead.

I feel compelled to get this message out there as many women are not being diagnosed properly because of cost of ultrasound or lack of information and are having futile surgery.

All the best to you

Peta

• Posted

Thank you for your reply.I really wish you all the best and hope that something will e v eventually be done for you.xx

• Posted

i sandra

let the healing happen i had a growth removed 2015 then 10 days later the surgeon confirmed i needed a hystorectomy at wich i had six months later then had A&P surgery a futher six month on, got it was a journey and i thought everyday it had all gone wrong it took 12 month till i started feeling normal inside there is deep tissue healing with these ops.

the op as left me with a hot burning sensation in the vagina area ( i woyld love to talk to anyone else that gets this sensation )and also i now take tablets for urgencey incontinance also get UTI from tome to time

if in dout ring the surgon and go back evan if its just for them to confirm you are ok its peice of mind these ops mess with your head and if anyone knows that its me.

happy healing take care xx gill

• Posted

sandra i felt like that for two years and some days still feel like its still there x

• Posted

Oh no, poor you 😦 Where are you at now? Did you ever go back to yo u r consultant or GP?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.