Surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

for those that have had surgery how long had you suffered with a fissure for before surgery was agreed? also hiw long did you wait for surgery?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

6 months of severe pain. 2 weeks wait 13 months on still in pain some days. but i have my life back!!! go for it!

• Posted

6 months of severe pain. 2 weeks wait 13 months on still in pain some days. but i have my life back!!! go for it!

• Posted

Had fissure flaring up on and off for a few years but without it particularly impacting work or social life. Then last September is got really bad and and 2.5 months of moderate pain, including a couple of days off I work I decided that enough was enough and went to see a CRS. Fortunately I have private medical cover through my work so only had to wait ~3 weeks before having fissurectomy. Seeing CRS for 2nd follow-up at 6weeks later today. I'd say I'm back to 90% fit, and largely out of pain though I can feel there is still a slight discomfort /weakness there. First 2 weeks post op were miserable, next 2 weeks back to how I was before the op, and hopefully now it's slowly progressing back towards "normal". Good luck!

• Posted

I suffered through a year and a half and had to beg my doctor for LIS. He was worried that because I female and 32 that would potentially want more children. I had to assure him that I was done having kids for him to take me seriously. He was very conservative with the cut so I still have some flare ups, but not nearly as awful as before. I may see a different CRS when we move next year, to see if there are any other options for my flare ups.

• Posted

my surgeon has agreed to do a left lateral sphinctertomy . is this this different to LIS does anyone know. im also having 2 large skin tags removed. hes put me on waitlist as urgent but still have to wait until march/april

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.