Surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had decompression surgery 1.5 years ago. I recovered quickly and continued with my life, with a physical job.

Recently, I have the headaches again. Has anyone needed a second surgery and could you explain how this happened.

Worried.

Thank you.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Return of pain is no fun. I assume that you are talking about the typical Chiari occiput area pain. After my surgery that area got painful again but it turns out it was related to triggers in a bunch of muscles in my head/neck/shoulder. I bought a book that really helped lay it out. I also did some motor control physical therapy for my neck and shoulder so that the muscle triggers would not come back.

Of course, I was really worried about a return of Chiari too and had another MRI to check that out. After I got the results, I was a bit stumped as to what to do given that the neurosurgeon and the neurologist had nothing to offer. Fortunately, I found something that worked for me.

• Posted

I have to ask what is this book? and once you got those trigger resolved did your tension headaches go away? I was diagnosed about 6 years ago and symptoms come on and off mostly after exercise, i think some of it though is related to all the knots in my upper back and neck Id love to hear about this book!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.