Surgery 8/30 in constant pain please help

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hey everyone in Keith. I just had surgery ORIF. and this FU×!\&! Sucks. Im in constant pain . the top of my foot is numb. Doc said that's normal. In going for first post op check up on Monday. Cany wait to get splint off even for a second. Im not sure i can do this. Im so depressed. I feel like a burden on everyone. And it's only been 2 weeks. Just needed to vent. If anyone can relate please respond. Thanks

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hang in there. I broke my talus in November and had two surgeries then including a bone graft and a subtalar fusion and then just had surgery last month for hardware removal. Letting people help me was one of the hardest things for me but I've just had to learn to enjoy it. The cast is annoying but when you look back on it will seem like a short time- I was in the splint for a month and the hard cast for 2.5 months followed by another 2.5 months in a boot. It took 6 months for feeling in the front of my foot to come back so don't stress about it - nerves heal really slowly. Try to find something you enjoy that you can do while off your feet- I caught up on every tv show and movie I hadn't seen in the past several years smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.