Surgery 9 weeks ago

Posted , 6 users are following.

i had surgery 9 weeks ago and I'm not sure what's happening. Some days I feel better and I'm really pleased with myself and then a few days later I'm straight back to where I started back aches, head aches no energy etc. I find it so difficult to sleep and usually don't go to sleep till 4 in the morning, I feel so drained and down I don't know what to do with myself. Anyone experienced the same thing? rolleyes

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes I go through same th ING a year later still but they put me on zolft to help me with being down the sleeping we put up black curtains and closed the blinds early to help I also some time take Tylenol pm. It takes time keep your self in good spirits or the bad take over ...
    • Posted

I've tried so many things like tablets, medicines nothing works, I've got like blinds and curtains too. I've tried so many different things like darkness, night lights sleeping sprays it's like I am immune to them lol but yes it's easy to be drawn in to yourself but I try.
  • Posted

Hi Danielle, you have lots of good support here, I am glad you put your post here..I am going to have my op either May or june..perhaps before the operation you might be on several medication.and now you might not on the same medication anymore?..that can be the result of withdrawal symptom as well for stopping of medication of pre op?..on the other hand..my NS told me.the first 4 - 6 weeks of post op..could be like HELL..but each person is different you could be longer..but he said it will be of everage 3 months roughly where patients will feel human again..just like what every one said here..take your time..be patient..at least you have done the OP..you take care....make sure you liaise with your gp/nurse..be brave tell them if you feel pain..have diary..write it down every day..
    • Posted

Hello, good luck with your op!! I'm still on my medication they didn't really change anything because when I went in for it in December I was on phentnoyl patches and they did not take them off me I just had to stop ibuprofen 4/5 days before and not take my other medications the day before nothing has changed. My doctors aren't familiar with the condition so he's been paying a lot of attention to me and looked everything up so that's nice. Thank you for reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.