Surgery after topical failures?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Months of clob - fail

Elidel, Protopic (weeks) - slight if any difference.

Worsening in new areas and no short-term response to clob or oral steroids.

So . . . at what point do people say "remove the skin and graft?" They do glans resurfacing which is the only thing to get rid of male penile LS in people who showed no improvement with all the other treatments. I already have very little sensitivity because of my total tight circumcision so I hate to think what a graft would do. The literature says the men feel high intensity sex as before but they had frenulum (unaffected by glans resurfacing). I would have no frenulum and no glans (not that my glans feels anything right now).

What type of skin surgery do women have done? I read about the vulva? What about vagina or clitoris?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi JJ, really sorry to hear what you are going through. It seems that there are 99% women on this particular forum. Have you thought of starting an LS forum for men? You might get better responses as far as experience with this dreadful condition. We are all searching for answers.

Good luck JJ.

• Posted

Hi JJ, Just wanted to say in addition to my response below, that LS manifests itself differently with all of us to varying degrees. There is a surgery to remove the white thick scarring, but I hear it comes back. There is also the Mona Lisa Touch which you can google. Not sure if it works for men. Losing sensation down under is more than disappointing and I don't know if that comes back. I call LS a flesh eating disease. Parts keeps disappearing. It requires being mindful every day and trying different things, Nancy KB on this forum has oodles of information. You might look for her on here.

Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.