surgery booked

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all

After a hellish few months of excruating pain,and an over night stay in hospital, blood tests scans, x-rays and an mri i am finally getting my gallbladder removed :lol:i was in hospital on monday for a pre-assement and i am a pass for surgery :P they said i would have at least a 2 month wait, but luckily for me there has been a cancellation on the 30th of August and i am filling that place smile dont think i have ever been so excited as this pain is getting unbearable, any tips any has for before or after surgery would be greatly appreciated xx

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

most of my pain seemed to be the right hand side under the ribs although it worked its way round, to the front and the back and sometimes it would make its way all over the upper part of my body, im just relieved its gone :D
  • Posted

[quote:23bf9a09f2=\"shells\"]most of my pain seemed to be the right hand side under the ribs although it worked its way round, to the front and the back and sometimes it would make its way all over the upper part of my body, im just relieved its gone :D[/quote:23bf9a09f2]

It would seem that your symptoms were much worse than mine, although I have had the odd day when I just wanted to take medication and lie down to try and sleep it off.

My symptoms are slightly different in that mostly I have an ache on my right blade of shoulder, it has on occasions moved to the left blade and across the middle of back.

They have said I have probable inflammation of the gall bladder, I also have diverticulitis, so it's hard to tell what is causing the pains, either the GB part of the colon or a bit of both.

• Posted

[quote:fa404813ea=\"shells\"]most of my pain seemed to be the right hand side under the ribs although it worked its way round, to the front and the back and sometimes it would make its way all over the upper part of my body, im just relieved its gone :D[/quote:fa404813ea]

From this morning I am starting to get niggles and some just a slight bit more sore than others felt round the side of back around the upper quadrant near the right shoulder blade.

Don't know what to do as I saw the surgeon last week and he said the next appointment I would get would be the pre op assessment.

Just would love to know how long I am about to wait for the actual operation.

• Posted

Forgot to say on that last post that the niggles are more spasmodic, like they don't last for long.
  • Posted

i was lucky and got a cancellation 10 days after my pre-op, all in all from on set till removal was about 6 months,although 3 of those months i was highly medicated there is nothing worse than being doubled up in pain and your husband having to phone nhs24 for you, the you having to try and speak through the pain to tell nurse what is the matter, i allways found after being violently sick i did feel marginally better, although my 2 young daughters found seeing there mum in this pain very distressing.

If you ever feel like cutting the thing out by yourself then you know you are in serious pain, and ready for the op.

• Posted

[quote:4275fea65c=\"shells\"]

If you ever feel like cutting the thing out by yourself then you know you are in serious pain, and ready for the op.[/quote:4275fea65c]

Yes, that thought has crossed my mind only recently, not that I am doubled up but because I have had symptoms since Xmas.

The spasmodic niggles I think surely must be some sludge or small stone moving through a duct.

What medication did you use for the pain?

• Posted

tramadol and co-codamol 30/500
  • Posted

[quote:b1cfa6c55d=\"shells\"]tramadol and co-codamol 30/500[/quote:b1cfa6c55d]

I have 50MG of Tramadol, I don't use co-codamol as that can make me constipated.

• Posted

i had diarrohea and sickness the lot but it helped the pain sad so i didnt mind
  • Posted

[quote:8e05b8f756=\"shells\"]i had diarrohea and sickness the lot but it helped the pain sad so i didnt mind[/quote:8e05b8f756]

Did you ever feel like a pain when twisting your upper torso from time to time?

• Posted

not that i can think on, or if i did it wasnt that painful, the best i have ever seen it described, is \" its like having a heart attack as it can take your breath away and you are not sure where the pain is coming from\"
  • Posted

Shells,

your comment abouttaking the damned thing out yr self is spot on. Last week, lying in A and E (again!) I was ready to go and buy a swiss army knife and a bottle of vodka - voddy for me, knife for hubby to do the surgery!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.