Surgery & c5/6 foraminal stenosis

Posted , 23 users are following.

Hi all.

I'm new to all this so please bear with me.

I've recently been diagnosed with cervical stenosis with intermittant radiculopathy. I've seen a neurological surgeon who said if they operate it would deal with the tingling in my arm but not the pain in my neck, shoulder, arm and back. The pain is my main problem as its really affecting my life. He seemed to give very little solution to the pain. I'm on gabapentin, amiteiptaline, cocodamol etc but these are having little effe t. Does anyone know if surgery could cure the pain? If there is a cure I would rather look into it than continuing in pain and on pills that aren't working.

Any feedback would be hugely appreciated as I'm at a loss as what to do.next

Thanks Lori x

3 likes, 74 replies

74 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi,

WATCH OUT ALL FELLOW SUFFERERS OF C/S,

I went to the memory clinic last week as I am having troubling memory lapses and confusion.

After a load of tests and an examination they concluded that I may have Vascular Dementia, got to have mri to confirm, possibly brought on by my cervical stenosis and spondylosis with myolepathy.

Seems the bone spurs at C4, 5,6 and 7 are starving the brain of blood and oxygen.

This on top of diagnosis of malignant melanoma skin cancer earlier this year.

You wait for one thing to get you then three come along.

Happy days,

Mike.

• Posted

Hi Mike

im waiting to see a neuro psychologist about my short term memory loss after a subarachnoid haemorrhage but I too have had c/s since 2013 and its now a lot worse involving my thoracic and mid back! 

• Posted

I am in the NW as well. Can you please give me the name of the surgeon and hospital you had yours done at? I just found out today I need surgery 😢Thank you

• Posted

Hi Lori,

Have you had an MRI and if so, what did that say ?

I had teh same issue and then went for surgery. Surgery went brillianta nd am only sorry that I never did it sooner.

Cheers,

Phil

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.